17 Posts

Lincoln's War» Forums » General

Subject: So what happens if... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
I'd really like to see this game made, but what happens if the pledge goal isn't reached? Will it get picked up by GMT games, Mayfair Gams, etc...? I don't mean to sound negative, just curious..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not being negative, just realistic. I think this will make it, Hearts and Minds Kickstarter was extremely slow for a long time and then the last 5 days the money poured in and it made it. I was hoping LW would hit a stretch reward, but I'll be more than happy with it just making the KS goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
THis is a discussion I'm unwilling to weigh in on ... yet. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it will all be fine. But the fact remains it took 2 days to get like 22,000, and two weeks to get another 8,000. And now with two weeks left we have 10,000 to go. So, if you are on the fence, please jump on. It seems to me the quality of LW will be like it was for Kingdom of Heaven,the other MMP game put out last year, and I have that game, and the cards, the art work, the board, and rules were all wonderfully done.

Has there been an image released of the final or near final artwork for the board? I assume the board won't look like the board in the playtest vassal version? Or will it? (It might be nice to see the final board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Abner
United States
Johnstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish you guys all the best. I backed this a couple of weeks ago. Looks great.

We just finished our Kickstarter for War Stories: Red Storm so I understand the anxiety of seeing pledges hit a wall. It's common.

Hopefully you can get the final push!

Good luck!
bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the uplifting comment, Bill. That's what we need now - optimism ... and spreading the word. If you haven't yet done, it let your friends and fellow gamers know, so they don't miss the opportunity to back LW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Miner
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just backed ,,looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Will. You'll have it sooner than you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
80%....!

Nice little bump from last night.

Let's keep it rolling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Figure out what changed to make that jump happen. Multiman sent out an email, that may have done it.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Jones
Scotland
Kilmacolm
Inverclyde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of the number who joined in the last 24 hours I do wonder if it will really be out in July of this year (supposing it's funded) or is that just a place holder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'm trying to find the email Multiman sent out a few months back where they promised that delays were no longer going to be tolerated. The last year has seen them clean up their backlog and make changes to their preorder system to correct the lag that had been in their prior deliveries. Recently their publishing has been downright crisp.

Given that this is their first foray into Kickstarter and Lincoln's War is essentially done I think you'll see a rapid response. I'm not with the company so I can't make you any promises, but it would be consistent with their recent deliveries.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter page says August I believe for release.

So possibly, I will have both Hearts and Minds and Lincoln's War in my hands in August? I hope so. I will have to run "Poniske Game Marathon" at my local game store:

1. Start with a light game of Leaping Lemmings
2. King Phillip's War
3. Hearts and Minds
4. Finish the night off with Lincoln's War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. cool Just checked, Gordon, Minnesota is too much of a hike to make a guest appearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Poniske wrote:
Sweet. cool Just checked, Gordon, Minnesota is too much of a hike to make a guest appearance.

I'll tell you what -- do it at World Boardgaming Championships and I'll sign up for one of the reserved seats.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually got to play my first game of Hearts and Minds last week, one of my friends got the game and had someone pimp out the new board someone had done. It was a lot of fun to play. Though I will have to sit down and think long and hard of how to win as the Americans/Allies. But when people said the original board for that game was small they weren't kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.