Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: When an Israeli air unit in the SAM suppression box attempts a barrage attack against an Egyptian SAM unit stacked with another Egyptian unit, and the attempt is successful (i.e. roll at least a "1" step loss on the hex), does this step loss automatically get applied to the SAM unit (thereby destroying it) since this was a SAM suppression barrage attack specifically meant to target the SAM unit, or does the Egyptian player get to assign the step loss to the other unit, as in a normal barrage attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also posted this question on CSW. It's a race to see which venue produces an answer first! C'mon BGG wargamers, I know you can do it!

BTW - I played it as being able to specifically target the SAM unit. Thematically, I think that's the correct approach. However, I still can't find a definitive statement to this effect in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Is this thing on??? C'mon, there's got to be somebody who plays Yom Kippur on these boards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I got my answer on Consimworld. Frankly, I'm a little surprised (and disappointed) that the BGG wargamers came up empty on this one. Oh well, no doubt there will be future opportunities for BGG wargamers to redeem themselves, since I will no doubt have more rules questions in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't have the rules now, but i think SAM supression is a separate mission from barrage. You can't made barrage with aircraft dedicated to SEAD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rhora12 wrote:
i don't have the rules now, but i think SAM supression is a separate mission from barrage. You can't made barrage with aircraft dedicated to SEAD.

Yes, the answer I got from CSW was that an air attack on Egyptian SAM units is resolved on the barrage table, but is not considered a barrage attack, and that the air strike can specifically target the SAM unit, even when the SAM unit is stacked with other Egyptian units. This all makes sense, but it just wasn't clearly defined in the rules. Thanks for replying!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leo, I didn't know the answer (I'm learning the game myself) but I'll throw you a thumb for a great question....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albatros
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've just read the rules and I didn't see that an air unit in SAM suppression box can make an attack against SAM units. It's even mentionned that an air unit in SAM suppression box cannot do anything else but alow to other air unit to operate on SAM cover. So I think that using air unit in SAM supression box to make an attack against SAM unit conflict with the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ek T
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree with Albatros

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.