United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like subject says,

Can I select an active guerilla to Terror, but not Terror and then Assassinate?

I have one active guerilla but no inactive. I would like to select a space, spending the resource, not actually doing a Terror in that space, but marking it as eligible for an Assassinate bonus?

Legal? Horsepucky?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules now, but to select a SPACE to terror you must have at least one Underground G. To Assassinate, you must select a place to terror... therein lies the problem.

Short answer: NO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Felipe is correct.

Quote:
3.3.4 Terror. ... Select any spaces where the executing Faction has at least 1 Underground Guerrilla; pay 1 Resource per City or Department (0 for LoCs).
PROCEDURE: Activate 1 friendly Underground Guerrilla in each selected space....

4.4.2 Assassinate. Assassination ... may occur in any of up to 3 spaces selected for AUC Terror (3.3.4) this Operation in which AUC Guerrillas outnumber Police.
PROCEDURE: In each such space, remove any 1 enemy piece.

Thematically, the assassinations are unavoidably terrorizing people. Already active guerrillas are already busy doing something else or too exposed to local authorities to get away with assassinations.

Contrast this standard case, however, with the "Limpieza" Event, a sort of extreme expression of assassination:

Quote:
Limpieza
Ruthless elimination: An Insurgent Faction executes free Terror with any Guerrilla, removes any 2 enemy pieces in the space, and sets it to Passive Support or Opposition (unless 0 Pop). The Terror places 2 markers.

Because the Event text says "with any Guerrilla", you may select an Active one (5.1.1).

Regards! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.