Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting notifications for threads that I am no longer subscribed to receive. Example: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/962372/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're probably still subscribed to the forum, and your subscription settings are set to notify on all messages. It's an annoying default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
You're probably still subscribed to the forum, and your subscription settings are set to notify on all messages. It's an annoying default.

Actually, it's a Guild forum and I'm not subscribed to it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you are the OP for that thread. Check special subscriptions in your preferences. If replies is set to Yes. I don't think you will be able to unsubscribe from these notifications without setting it to no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
It looks like you are the OP for that thread. Check special subscriptions in your preferences. If replies is set to Yes. I don't think you will be able to unsubscribe from these notifications without setting it to no.

Weird. There are other threads that I have started that I am not subscribed to anymore and don't get notifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is still happening. I just got notifications for 3 other threads today that I am not subscribed to. The most recent one was: Availability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another: I have a PnP copy to trade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
You were notified of the "Availability" thread because you were the creator of the thread. The fact that you deleted your first post will not change that.

You were notified of the PnP thread because you are subscribed to the publisher of the game, Small Box Games, including the publisher's "member items".

If you don't want to be notified of a thread that you created, you should block the thread, not delete your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
You were notified of the "Availability" thread because you were the creator of the thread. The fact that you deleted your first post will not change that.

You were notified of the PnP thread because you are subscribed to the publisher of the game, Small Box Games, including the publisher's "member items".

If you don't want to be notified of a thread that you created, you should block the thread, not delete your post.

So even if I'm not subscribed to a thread that I create, I still get notified? And all threads posted to games of a publish will create a notification because I am subscribed to the publisher even if I'm not subscribed to the game? Bizarre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
And all threads posted to games of a publish will create a notification because I am subscribed to the publisher even if I'm not subscribed to the game? Bizarre.

You can customize that in subscription settings for your subscription to the publisher. Click the down arrow next to Unsubscribe, choose Edit Subscription, change "Member Items" to No, and save.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:

So even if I'm not subscribed to a thread that I create, I still get notified? And all threads posted to games of a publish will create a notification because I am subscribed to the publisher even if I'm not subscribed to the game? Bizarre.

What curt said is correct. Also, you can set in your preferences whether you want to receive notification for all content you create--it is like an additional special subscription.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.