Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only been one copy of each data pack, and so far that's been fine. Even when I tried to keep a deck for every faction, there weren't any cards in the early data packs where I felt the three card restriction was onerous.

However... That's changing now. Oversight AI (A Study in Static) is the big one, as it would fit well in both my HB and Weyland decks (I'm only keeping two decks for each side at the moment).

I could also see getting a second copy of Cyber Exodus for more Chimera, which I think is potentially a staple piece of ice.

Interestingly, and perhaps emblematic of my general lack of enthusiasm for the runner side of things, there aren't any runner cards I really feel annoyed at having limited copies of. I could see myself using extra Personal Workshops if I had them (since they're in the same pack as Chimera), but I wouldn't go out of my way to get the extras.

What packs do you feel are worth getting more of, and why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Realistically I don't see needing more than one because you can just pull from other decks, but I guess if you wanted 2+ decks for each side made and ready then you might want more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
It really depends on the pack - I have 2 of some and 3 of others
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The pen is mightier than a really small, blunt, and foam covered sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely don't need more than one of each data pack, I can't justify spending an extra $15 just so I don't have to spend that extra 5-10 minutes to switch my decks around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have more than three Liberated Accounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchase two of every data pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it time. The shine will wear off of Chimera. It's hard to justify paying two to keep the runner out once, when I could just pay three(Enigma, etc.) or even one(ice wall) and keep them out for potentially multiple turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind Chimera actually. I run multiple dedicated servers with RP Jinteki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Put something in front of Chimera. If it costs as much for the runner to reach Chimera as it does for you to activate it, then it's actually very efficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
Give it time. The shine will wear off of Chimera. It's hard to justify paying two to keep the runner out once, when I could just pay three(Enigma, etc.) or even one(ice wall) and keep them out for potentially multiple turns.

Unless they draw that specific icebreaker; then they break through unannounced. This is the main reason I run Chimera. Of course, Chimera can be bypassed or hit by crypsis, just as any other weak ice, and so it's much better behind another piece of ice.

Chimera is also nice with dedicated server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been quite happy with double Cyber Exodus for the runner decks, still only got one pack of WLA/TA and have been a couple of times where I've wanted another set of cards since I like to have at least two tuned decks of each faction built and sleeved at all times.

If I see more Weyland I might have to get another WLA just for extra plascretes. For TA there have been times where I have missed having extra Trick of Light, Dyson Mem Chip and Compromised Employees.

Since I have to pay shipping for the packs anyway I will keep getting double datapacks from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Put something in front of Chimera. If it costs as much for the runner to reach Chimera as it does for you to activate it, then it's actually very efficient.

You got it. Will do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:

1. Don't put Chimera in front of a central unless you have to (I've had to a couple times, it was sad)

2. If you're putting out out on remote, why are you rezzing it more times than necessary? Ie. why are putting stuff you want protected in it for more than 1 turn? Agendas should go out in 2 turns. Using it to protect Mandatory I guess could be 4, but srsly, 4 is piddly nothing when you're investing the equivalent of 12.

3. Score a 5 advanced Brain Trust (as you should be doing with Jinteki anyway), and that'll just take an extra 2 on Chimera if you rush it. With an extra piece of ICE for Inside Job, of course.

I dissed Chimera before I played with it. It's now my fav corp card EVER cos I'm a big fan of corp rush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Streicher
msg tools
mbmb
I do not really understand the need for more than one because getting my Deck together maybe takes 5 min when you carry a decklist with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Giovannetti
United States
Woodinville / Bothell Area
Washington
flag msg tools
I found I wanted more popups and Workshops, so CyberExodus was almost a three of for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Pop Ups
Chimera's
Workshops

These are the datapack cards I wish I had more of to create multiple decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just make proxies. My decks change around so much from week to week that I'm not willing to invest the money in my occasional whims.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chimera is fairly strong in a burst economy deck.

Chimera, Beanstalk (Weyland ID), Agenda

Chimera, Mining Mileange

It has it's uses ... it has its weakness (Stare downs vs Crypsis).

**Funny situation, but I was in a position where troubleshooting a Chimera would have allowed me to score an agenda. =) My opponent didn't run - but it would have been funny.

Runners must run against Chimera to deny the Corps credits, this is very critical and underused play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael crow
United States
minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If I had the extra money to blow, I'd have 2 copies of all of them maybe 3 copies of some of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
vantageGT wrote:

1. Don't put Chimera in front of a central unless you have to (I've had to a couple times, it was sad)

2. If you're putting out out on remote, why are you rezzing it more times than necessary? Ie. why are putting stuff you want protected in it for more than 1 turn? Agendas should go out in 2 turns. Using it to protect Mandatory I guess could be 4, but srsly, 4 is piddly nothing when you're investing the equivalent of 12.

3. Score a 5 advanced Brain Trust (as you should be doing with Jinteki anyway), and that'll just take an extra 2 on Chimera if you rush it. With an extra piece of ICE for Inside Job, of course.

I dissed Chimera before I played with it. It's now my fav corp card EVER cos I'm a big fan of corp rush

I liked it at first, then played with it quite a bit, now I'm pretty meh about it.

Like so very many other cards, it's situational - it can shine or it can be a waste of credits compared to other, better options. I would never contemplate spending an additional $15 to have copies 4-6 of it. Your question 2 is silly. Of course I wouldn't rez it more often than I need it. This card is great defense against the "surprise" breaker install and run against an otherwise vulnerable server. If they don't actually have whatever breaker (say fracter), then a normal cheap ice (say Wall of Static) is probably better. What can I say, I like my ice to stay rezzed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Osborn
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive bought 2 of every data pack and will continue to do so, I like having every deck built at the same time. I teach the game a lot and I enjoy having options. Plus it alloys me the opportunity to play against a lot of different strats while I test decks out. And nothing annoys me more than having to steal from another deck already made. I just sit there thinking the other deck is broken now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
vantageGT wrote:
Tuism wrote:
vantageGT wrote:

I liked it at first, then played with it quite a bit, now I'm pretty meh about it.

Like so very many other cards, it's situational - it can shine or it can be a waste of credits compared to other, better options. I would never contemplate spending an additional $15 to have copies 4-6 of it. Your question 2 is silly. Of course I wouldn't rez it more often than I need it. This card is great defense against the "surprise" breaker install and run against an otherwise vulnerable server. If they don't actually have whatever breaker (say fracter), then a normal cheap ice (say Wall of Static) is probably better. What can I say, I like my ice to stay rezzed.

I have found that what Chimera does best is be the last stop. When installing cards in a remote, if you have another piece of ice in front of it, then hopefully you can time it so that you only have to rez it after they fought to get passed the first piece only to hit Chimera cutting them off.

Ichi>Chimera is very annoying, especially if it is the remote you set up for scoring agendas in.

Even Wall of Static>Chimera works well. They run, hit the WoS. Get out their fracter, run the next turn, get through just to hit Chimera.

This is also great for Inside Job protection if it is the inside ice. As long as Crypsis isn't their only breaker, then you'll most likely stop them short. Do you want to draw all three in a game? Probably not. Would you be ok drawing two? Sure.

At the very least it can be used to block subsidiary remote servers that you want to at least feign interest in protecting. It is great for traps. You can not rez it or rez it even though they can break it and they might think they outsmarted you. The more you think they outmaneuvered you, the more convinced it was something you wanted to block them from getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 cores, 7 decks. 1x of each data pack, and the only one of which I want multiples (actually 3x) is Cyber Exodus: Shutdown, Workshop, Window, Viper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
5 cores, 7 decks. 1x of each data pack, and the only one of which I want multiples (actually 3x) is Cyber Exodus: Shutdown, Workshop, Window, Viper.

Question: Why would you need 5 cores? I would think 4 would give you enough cards to do a deck for every faction/corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
astroglide wrote:

Question: Why would you need 5 cores? I would think 4 would give you enough cards to do a deck for every faction/corp.

3 Would have been the maximum if "enough" were all he was going for. He's probably got many decks pre-built, which is damn convenient

Besides the cost implications, I find having more than 3 of each card opens me up to mistakes like having 4 of something without me realising. So I stick to having at most 3 of anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.