Sam Carson
United States
California
flag msg tools
I played this game with a bunch of my friends and we were on the floor laughing! The cards are really funny and the play of the game is just like any other board game except the object is to lose all your money. It really tweeks your brain. There's not a lot of strategy but there is some and the regular play of the game is interesting because there are so many different things on the board to play with (dice, a dice cup, spinners, cool tokens, etc.). I would definately give this gave as a gift for politically minded friends. It's really different and clever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related to the designer or publisher? It's generally considered polite to disclose such a relation in a review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
Related to the designer or publisher? It's generally considered polite to disclose such a relation in a review.

It's also considered polite to write an actual review when posting a review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Playing Wreck the Nation: The Game of Political Misbehav
http://www.vyuz.com/022006_Game.htm has an actual review. I doubt any serious BGGers would consider playing this game, despite any fervent political views.

Here are a few excerpts:

"We can’t say we’re voting Republican next election but the game does have some of the problems that are stereotypically Democratic. For instance, lots of rules. Not only do you have to role dice to move your players, but if you land on “Gouge The Government” you have to role black dice to figure out how much money to spend. That is, unless you role doubles and then you’re paid more money that you have to spend. Unless the homeland security card tells you spin the polls spinner to determine how much spin a controversial decision or spin the declare war spinner to decide on whom to attack: Democrats, the environment or civil liberties."

"All the bureaucracy not only made the game hard to understand but it took away strategy. Basically, players have to do what the game tells them to do like government drones. I’m surprised we didn’t have to fill things out in triplicate."

"But it’s not a fun game. It’s too complicated and there’s little chance for strategy. Plus, you don’t even get to enjoy spending the money."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem of the game is that the political 'satire' is all directed at George W. It is a pathetic excuse for more political bashing rather than trying to be a good game. The 'website' advertised as an adjunct to the game brags that it's owned by Al Franken, Cindy Sheehan, Ed Schultz and others; almost all to the far left. A huge dissappointment even for a $3 thrift store find.

The poster of this thread logged in, gave it a quick glowing review and has never been heard from since. Shill for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Westgard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After picking this game up for $1, I'm not so sure I really want to subject my friends to a game that simply bashes George W Bush. Looks like there is very little strategy as well...Oh well, It could have been a good game, but I doubt it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Carson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes, Sam is the son of one of the creators but he was 14 when he wrote this and thought it was obvious since the creator of the game had the same last name.

Secondly, the fact that he played the game with his friends who were teenagers doesn't negate the fact that they had a good time playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Carson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Wow, you were not the target market for this Bush-bashing game! The whole purpose of the game was to inform folks about the bad doings of the Bush administration. If you play the game you will see how Bush "wrecked our nation". Everything in the game actually happened during his administration and if you can't handle the reality of that, I advise donating "Wreck the Nation" to the Goodwill and let them resell it so that they can perhaps sell the game to someone who will appreciate that it was ahead of its time and make money to help people who are less fortunate than us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Carson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey Ted, "Wreck the Nation" is not a strategy game. It was never promoted as one. The purpose of the game is to inform and educate. It's a bit ironic that the things you diss (like the rules), are hysterically funny and worth reading. There are lots of fun little objects to move around the game board and the fact that there are layers and layers is indicative of government bureaucracy. We feel you have missed the whole point of the game. Our advice is to read the rules out loud with your friends while having a nice beer. Then have fun,. just like if you were going to play "the Game of Life" or "Monopoly". I suspect you will have a good time, even if you like George Bush!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.