United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I will be posting answers to frequently asked questions on the following page on the Stonemaier Games website:

http://www.stonemaiergames.com/faq-viticulture/

If you have questions you'd like answered on the FAQ, you can post them at the bottom of the FAQ page or on this thread. You can also always contact me directly via BGG, but I'll get the message faster if you e-mail me at jamey.stegmaier@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Jamey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
You continue to impress me as a game publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a learning process, but I'm glad we're on the right track! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, this is very encouraging, brilliant to see Jamey putting so much into his game, not least his time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, just want to ask something:

Can you go to the play summer / winter card bonus slot and play a card that does not trigger an effect just so you could go the slot? I.e. I go to the play 2 summer card slot, play 1 card that takes effect (build for a discount) and another that doesn't (set aside 4 people for VP).

It felt like blocking to me so I ruled that you would have to play 2 "legal" cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kareem--Good question. To play a card, you have to actually be able to do what the card says. So in that example if you're unable to set aside 4 people, you can't play that card and thus can't choose the middle action space unless it is the only space remaining. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Kareem--Good question. To play a card, you have to actually be able to do what the card says. So in that example if you're unable to set aside 4 people, you can't play that card and thus can't choose the middle action space unless it is the only space remaining. Thanks!

So for another cards: You give every other player a card, and you gain $2 each, you have to give everyone to be able to play it? There's another one that give out money for point, did it work the same way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have to fill all of the requirements on the card to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Yes, you have to fill all of the requirements on the card to play it.

Thanks! The issue came up in my second play, but the player decided not to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello Jamey, I've a question for the expansion included in the KS game:

When you put the heart token on the summer/winter visitor space, does that means you get both the benefit of heart and playing 2 cards at the same time? How about in the case of using a Big worker? Does the big worker also get the benefit of heart as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James--For Arboriculture, the heart actually replaces the 2-card action space. So if you put a worker there, you gain 1 morale and play exactly 1 visitor card. The grande worker gets that bonus even if he is placed on the other action spaces. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
James--For Arboriculture, the heart actually replaces the 2-card action space. So if you put a worker there, you gain 1 morale and play exactly 1 visitor card. The grande worker gets that bonus even if he is placed on the other action spaces. Thanks!

That was quick, Thanks a lot!
I'm looking forward to more plays, and hopefully would be able to introduce Arboriculture soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! And feel free to use the grande worker in the base game. I think we'll move him over to the base game if/when we print the second addition. He's too awesome not to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on the summer visitor card Landscaper: it says to choose two of the options. Can you choose the same option twice?

[edit] the Jack-of-All-Trades has the same thing where you choose 2 options. It may be good to make a note for all of the cards that have this kind of choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarah--You have to choose two different options. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Sarah--You have to choose two different options. Thanks!

Great! That's how we played. :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey,
I don't want to dirty up the coasters by punching them out and using them. Suggestions as to how I can overcome this fear/alternative uses for them?
Love the game,

Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeremy! I don't think they do anything other than serve as coasters--maybe you can use them to place your unused workers on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.