Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Parker Nelson
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
As the title says, I own the first edition of the game, while i do enjoy this, i think that having the leaders and elite units would make the game even better. My question is, if i were to buy these

http://camelotgamestore.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=prod...

Would they be all that was required to upgrade my 1st edition game? i.e. is the map different or am i missing anything not included in the counter replacements?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwichyBoy wrote:
As the title says, I own the first edition of the game, while i do enjoy this, i think that having the leaders and elite units would make the game even better. My question is, if i were to buy these

http://camelotgamestore.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=prod...

Would they be all that was required to upgrade my 1st edition game? i.e. is the map different or am i missing anything not included in the counter replacements?

You realize 3rd edition is fan generated, not anything official, right? Avalon Hill did release a 2nd edition rulebook, but no components changed for that.

If I were you I'd check the 1776 folder on ConsimWorld. There's been intermittent conversation about 3rd edition over there, some of it fairly recent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Pratto
United States
Peabody
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only map change is Wilmington, NC is a Red Star Town/Port. The complete list of additional counters (in addition to the 2nd Edition set) is as follows:

LEADERS
American
Washington, Lee, Gates, Greene, Lincoln, Knox, Sullivan, Arnold, Lafayette, Stirling, Wayne, Montgomery, Morgan, Schuyler, Leader A to Leader L (12 total)
Rebel
Sumter, Marion, Warner, Stark
British
Rogers, Howe, H.Clinton, Cornwallis, Burgoyne, Leslie, Grey, Prevost, Carleton, Fraser, Phillips, G.Clinton, Riedesel, Knyphausen, Heister, Rall, Tarleton, Rawdon, Leader A to Leader L (12 total), Amherst, Wolfe, Prideaux, Monckton, Townshend, Clarke, Gould
Tory
Brant, Watson, Ferguson, Johnson
French
d'Estaing, Rochambeau, Bourlemaque, Levis, Bougainville, Montcalm, Leader A to Leader F (6 total)
Spanish
Leader S

ELITE UNITS
American
Lee's Legion, 1st RI, Wayne's PA, Smallwood's MD, Glover's MA, Morgan's Rifles
British
(2) Grenadiers, (2) Light Infantry, Butler's Rangers, (2) Ferguson's American Legion, Tarleton's Legion, Rogers' Rangers
French
(2) Light Infantry

MISCELLANEOUS
American
(6) 0-8 Artillery, (2) 1-8 RM, (2) 1-13 RD, (1) COM, (1) 1-10 IN
British
(10) 0-7 Artillery, (1) 1-13 TD, (5) COM, (1) BF-VF, (2) 1-8 IN, (1) 2-8 IN, (5) 1-10 IN, (2) 2-10 IN, (1) 3-10 IN
French
(4) 0-7 Artillery, (1) 0-5 Artillery, (2) Supply
Spanish
(2) 1-7 SR, (1) 2-7 SR
Neutral
(5) COM

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine off EBAY for the 3rd edition player made content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.