Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dexterity games I've played before Tumbling Dices & Pitch car. I've never played Jenga

I hope to attract my non gaming buddies / parents / very light filler with these games.

Are both these games essentially the same ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked at this thread because Bausack is very popular at my group so I wanted to see what Bamboleo Pizza looks like. It's helpful if you put links to the games when setting up a new thread, searching from the phone version of BGG is erratic at best.

Bamboleo Pizza looks like a game I used to play a long time ago (name escapes me) where you had to add pieces according to dice rolls, and fits with the dynamic balance games like Hamster Rolle. Bausack will play completely differently whatever rules you use (there are 6 rules sets I know, the components can be used as the basis of games design).

Most have players building individual towers with various objectives (last standing, tallest before falling down, 3 difficult pieces) so that is different. But the version we always play is more of a strategy game with balancing.

Each player starts with no piece and some money (twice the player count + 3 works well). First player nominates a piece, next player accepts it and starts his tower or pays 1 to decline it. Next player has same choice but declining costs 2. Etc. If the piece comes back to the proposer he must play it. Last standing wins.

Most of the time it's cash management that matters more than tower building as you need to be able to avoid horrible pieces, and you become an easy target once you run out of cash , but some bizarre and ridiculous structures will be built. Lots of skill in finding pieces that a lot of players will hate but you can use. And playable with any number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulinTheLion wrote:
I've looked at this thread because Bausack is very popular at my group so I wanted to see what Bamboleo Pizza looks like. It's helpful if you put links to the games when setting up a new thread, searching from the phone version of BGG is erratic at best.

Bamboleo Pizza looks like a game I used to play a long time ago (name escapes me) where you had to add pieces according to dice rolls, and fits with the dynamic balance games like Hamster Rolle. Bausack will play completely differently whatever rules you use (there are 6 rules sets I know, the components can be used as the basis of games design).

Most have players building individual towers with various objectives (last standing, tallest before falling down, 3 difficult pieces) so that is different. But the version we always play is more of a strategy game with balancing.

Each player starts with no piece and some money (twice the player count + 3 works well). First player nominates a piece, next player accepts it and starts his tower or pays 1 to decline it. Next player has same choice but declining costs 2. Etc. If the piece comes back to the proposer he must play it. Last standing wins.

Most of the time it's cash management that matters more than tower building as you need to be able to avoid horrible pieces, and you become an easy target once you run out of cash , but some bizarre and ridiculous structures will be built. Lots of skill in finding pieces that a lot of players will hate but you can use. And playable with any number.

If you want an excellent dexterity game then pick up Riff Raff, I have most of the dexterity games and I class this one as the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
@Paul , you've sold me on Bausack

@Jass, you've confused me now . I want Riff Raff also cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.