Popular Tags: [View All]
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THe rulebook states that players can only own 5 shares in a company, but doesn't state whether or not it refers to certificates (in which case players can own 60% of companies like in normal 18xxs) or shares (with the director's certificate counting a 2 shares,meaning players can only own 50% of companies) - so which is it? We played a game yesterday where the other players inisted on the 1 share = 10% ruling (I argued it was limits in certificates but was overruled).

All the reference sheets avaliable seem to agree with me - that you can own up to 60% (1 director's certificte and 4 normal shares). So were we playing it wrong last night?

EDIT: I just realised that it says players can only buy shares in th company if they have 5 or less - so I was right in that you can go up to 60%, but they had the right defintion of shares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Kriener
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
60% it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that you can own more than 60% if you get the final ones by converting (for example, converting a mountain railway.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.