Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Eric Vogt
Germany
München
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys, I am a little lost on what to play at the reginals. All expensions are allowed (up to a study in static). I tried out HB fast advance but didnt like it. I think I would rather play Weyland Tag n Bag to have a more proactive gameplan.
For runner I like Noise workshop. But I am not sure it is the best choice for the tournament since the deck is quite slow and you give your opponent a lot of time to score agenda points.

Does anyone have some sweet suggestens and maybe even a good list?

All help is apreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN 'Never Advance' - http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/954754/deck-unveiling-nbn-ne... - this is a great corp deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RUNNER: Kate MidRange
CORP: HB Trick of Light

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Short
United Kingdom
Grimsby
N.E.Lincs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a wargamer at heart and I think the same general rule applies to wargames as netrunner 'lists aint everything'. You can have the'best' list the one that won the last tournie but it isn't the list that won it was the player and how he used it. There are two ways you can go, you can find a net list and play it to the best of your ability (but limited by that fact) and be prepared that other players will have read up on this list and will quickly figure it out (whether they can then do anything about it again comes down to skill level); Option two come up with your own list that works for you (plays to all your strengths that you know inside and out) which any opponent will have a harder time against because it isn't a net list (so they haven't read about it) and because you know it inside and out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you expect lots of Noise i think Weyland Tag and Bag seems very good.

As a runner if you don't want to be to suspectible to tag an bag you could play Criminals with Rabbit Hole and Contract.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deck you should play is the one that fits your playstyle best. At this point all factions are viable and could win a tournament. For what it's worth, I played a Criminal deck that works well in the early and late game and a Weyland deck that rushes agendas in the early game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A agree with a few of the people here. A good deck does not really exist, it has to be good for you. It is important that you know the deck backwards and forward and know what do do in different situation, based on empirical studies

For example I tried the great NBN Never Advance deck, seemed like fun but I am terrible at playing it.

On the other hand I played a deck I myself built from the start and have tweaked for "eternity" until I was happy with how everything worked. This deck helped me win a tournament recently by knowing the deck and knowing how to play the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Eric Vogt
Germany
München
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Well I know the general concern that there is no "the best deck" and I agree. I also agree that playstyle is important.
I consider myself a better player then deckbuilder: I like to have a solid starting list which I can then modify to my needs and playstyle. I have a hard time building a good list from the scratch.
In general I like controling or combo decks, which may be the reason I dont like fast advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play my Test Run Noise deck and Jinteki direct damage. Because I enjoy playing them, and that's why we're here, no? To have fun?

(I'll switch to the new Crim identity if HS ever comes out, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you play the deck your most familiar with. Nothing is worse then going to a competitive scene and fumbling with some one else's deck design.

I played Weyland fast remote; trying to score at least 4 -6 points as fast as I could. The deck is faster than Noise and beats slow rigs but is only able to get about 4-6 points vs competent criminals. Noisy Workshop because I enjoy playing it and find criminal a bit boring.

For the win; Criminal is the most consistent in Swiss rounds for its ability to score points early. Weyland Scorched Earth and HB FastAdvance are the most consistent winning factions on Corps side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
I recommend you play the deck your most familiar with.

QFT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
notyetsuperman wrote:

QFT

QFT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
notyetsuperman wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
notyetsuperman wrote:

QFT

QFT?

Quoted For Truth/Quoted for Truthery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play Criminal Event Agro and Weyland Scorched Earth. Not only do I feel like they are top tier decks, but I find them both incredibly fun and have the most experience playing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
szymkodf wrote:
I dunno, I'm caught between wanting to win and playing boring decks. So I'm bringing one fun deck and one winning deck for me that's Whizzard Big Rig (fun but gets rolled by better players) and HB FA (unbelievably boring but wins or at least scores a bit).

I think you are not playing enough traps in HB. I have the most fun with that deck trying (and succeeding in scoring Mandatory Upgrades) and getting your opponent to fall for traps. Once you can get your opponent to get passed your ice and then second guess themselves from actually accessing, you've won. You're in their head. "Is that an Aggressive Secretary? Is that an agenda? Why didn't I Infiltrate it first?"

As for Whizzard, I find I win most of my games where I only got one or no breakers out the whole game. The way mine works is have enough pressure on all the servers that they can't afford to rez anything and when they do, you parasite>datasucker it to death. I usually win with either Medium and/or Nerve Agent getting a ton of counters. I keep wanting it to do well, but I'm starting to think that almost no matter how well I play it, there is still a chance I will run into a deck that I can't do much to. With few upgrades/assets, your ability might come up once and you only have so many Imp counters and Demolition Runs. It definitely feels that he keeps the Asset economy in check, but if they run Operation economy, you're not going to be doing much to hurt them besides wrecking ice occasionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
notyetsuperman wrote:

QFT

QFT?

Quit Frackin' Talking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to tell you... You'll just have to find out.
Hint: The factions I play are under my avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play:

Corp: HB fast advance (trick of light).
Alternately, a tricky NBN deck. Your opponent doesnt know if you have traps, snares, scorched earth, etc. Sea source is good against Workshop.

Runner: If youre good at it, Workshop Noise.
But since its the hardest deck to play, if youre not experienced at it, I'd play a Criminal resource denial aggro deck (standard criminal - Siphon, Shutdown, Sneakdoor, mahye Vamp, maybe Deja Vu, Makers Eye or Diesel, etc). Maybe fit a virus suite in instead (Parasite/Datasucker/Djinn/Yog/Corroder as influence, to break and kill ice efficiently).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'm going to try these this weekend:

HB Fast Advance (no Trick; traps)
CT (a bit more aggro than builds I've seen)

If I were to rank decks, I like these:

Runner:
Criminal - just has the best economy, and with awesome in-faction cards, can tool around with the Influence alot. Quite robotic, though, IMHO.
Noise - very disruptive, and works in both the 'Shops and non-'Shops builds. My fave Identity from the get.
CT - speed and the extra MU allow for her to get up, running, and going pretty quickly. The Opus-driven economy really hurts a number of archetypal decks.

Corp:
HB - like Gabe, just awesome $$$. Both the fast advancing and fat ice decks work well.
Weyland - tag'n'bag wrecks, but can also be wrecked by meta quite easily. There will be people running pure econ/Oversight AI dex, as well.
NBN - loving the 50/50 and Flytrap builds, but am not sure if they will do well in an hour timeframe. One REALLY needs to play quickly, and continue to push their opponent to do the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WC tag n bag is not as easily stepped around as one can originally think. Very powerful meta at the moment with only very narrow counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
if im trying to game the structure im only taking criminal/weyland or HB fast advance.

all 3 have money. all three can shut the other person out with a good draw. all three can comeback from the brink and win out of nowhere.

all three also play fast which if time is an issue and it could be i want the option to speed up or slow down play (i dont advocate slow play but it is an option)

there may be other decks that are winners but i wouldn't play noise because i want to leave a smaller window for fast advance. the same goes for shaper which have that little window of setup time that leaves the door open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Criminal can run Crash Space, Decoy, and Muresh (terrible, I know).

Everyone can run 3 Plascrete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Muresh is an amazing complement to Plascrete, running two of each gives you a really strong suite of defense in only four slots. I think it's worth it over 3 Plascretes, because they work very well together.

The only shame is that they don't stack. Oh well =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.