Axis & Allies 1941» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Islands" Rule Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Liolios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
On rulebook's page 9 it is written under the "Islands" topic: "You cannot split up land-based units so that they are on different islands in the same group." That means, for example, that you can't split 10 infantry occupying the New Guinea into 5 infantry, and move the other 5 into Solomon Islands, right?

Edit: New Guinea and Solomon Islands are in the same seazone - just making it easier for you all to answer. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
What you need to realize is that an "island" is technically one space within a sea zone regardless of how many islands you see on the board in that zone. Also and island needs to have it's name printed on the board to count for game purposes.

I hope that makes it clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Liolios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
ozimek wrote:
What you need to realize is that an "island" is technically one space within a sea zone regardless of how many islands you see on the board in that zone. Also and island needs to have it's name printed on the board to count for game purposes.

I hope that makes it clear?

Sure, I get that. However, I still don't get that island rule - you are not allowed to split land units from one island to the other island that is inside the same seazone? It's like that you can't split units from Russia and move them into Urals? My brain hurts the past 2 days with all these rules! cry

Edit: I think I got the deeper meaning of that specific rule, you can't identify the small islands of an island group as different territories, but as one and the same. So, when an attacker attacks, you defend the island group with all your forces that are present in the area and you can't split them saying that they are on different territories. I guess, I answered my question after all. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can put the plastic figures on the drawings of different islands, but all of the islands drawn inside the sea zone that share the same name are considered the same territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Liolios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
You can put the plastic figures on the drawings of different islands, but all of the islands drawn inside the sea zone that share the same name are considered the same territory.

Got it, thanks guys! By the way, can someone give me a quick example of an amphibious assault that covers every ascept of sea/air/land units in that particular situation? I know I ask much, but I'm kinda overwhelmed over here! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to poke around youtube to find some instructional videos. This could be a good starting point even though it deals with a simpler A&A game:
(It is part 1 of 5)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Liolios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Seen that, I think I'm 90% done with the rules! I've got only 1 more question, can an air unit move through an OCCUPIED hostile territory as if it were friendly? Or that rule sticks only for the UNOCCUPIED ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can move through any hostile territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Liolios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Krieghund wrote:
It can move through any hostile territory.

Thanks mate, by the way I noticed you help out A LOT in many A&A-related forums - you're awesome! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.