Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on the Clever Mojo page last week and have not received a response from them, so I figured I'd try here as well:

So, it's come to this. I filled out the contact form on their website some time ago, but I don't know exactly when because it isn't like an email where I can look it up. After a while with no response, I sent a geekmail on Monday. Still no response. I'm a bit disappointed. Has anyone had experience with their customer service?

Here's the issue. My Alien Frontiers board (2nd printing) is in pretty rough shape, so I inquired about a new one. I didn't specifically say I wanted a free replacement or offer to pay, as I figured they would say whether or not they expected me to pay for it. No big deal.

However, it's worth pointing out that my AF board is in the worst condition of any game I own right now. It won't like flat, but that's not a huge deal to me and I've corrected that in the past with other games and some very heavy books. But now the graphics sheet is starting to peel off in the middle, and in some parts the layers of the board seem to be coming apart. Sure, my copy is a couple years old, but I have plenty of older games and this has never happened to any of them. They're all stored in the same closet, so it's not an environmental issue.

At any rate, that's my rant. I'd love a new board, without having to buy the entire game again (even if that were possible at the moment, with it's out of print status). AF is a great game, and Factions is possible the best expansion I've ever seen for a board game, as it does an excellent job of adding another layer to the original without fiddling with its core. We play it quite a bit, which is why I'm so annoyed by the board falling apart.

So, I'm crossing my fingers that eventually I'll hear something from them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian L
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe their current Rocket Dice kickstarter offers a $15 upgrade for a new (double-sided) board. You would have to buy at least one die however, since it's available as upgrade.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard/rocket-dice?...

EDIT:

I guess I didn't really answer your question. I do not have any experience with their customer service, and I have had no problems with the board warping, peeling or any other components showing excessive wear and tear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh like previous message the kickstarter Rocket dice are doing a deal for the board on its own for $15 and is double sided as for the dice I'm in at just one die as I'm getting the Relic ship frosted white.
They should really replace your board with one of the new kickstarter ones for free although you would have to wait a while for that maybe.
Have you sent pictures of the board that should swing it for you.
David from clever mojo seems a good guy from all accounts so I'm sure he would sort you out.
By the way there is only a few days left on the kickstarter so you would have to act now if that's the route you want to take.
Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
kadian wrote:
By the way there is only a few days left on the kickstarter so you would have to act now if that's the route you want to take.

Too bad, I have AF on my wantlist of a MT that ends next friday, and I won't be able to know if I'll own the game before...

I'll have to stick to the normal dice! If any...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
Clever Mojo was acquired by Game Salute, and the customer service stuff on their website might not have changed over completely. If you are interested in a replacement board and haven't heard back from Clever Mojo's customer support, I would try Game Salute's customer support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
Clever Mojo was acquired by Game Salute, and the customer service stuff on their website might not have changed over completely. If you are interested in a replacement board and haven't heard back from Clever Mojo's customer support, I would try Game Salute's customer support.

Really? I thought Game Salute just handled fulfillment for Clever Mojo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
HanClinto wrote:

As I understand it, all rights transferred as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
cheng wrote:
HanClinto wrote:

As I understand it, all rights transferred as well.

Damn, I hope this isn't the case. Clever mojo were a brilliant innovative company that went the extra mile with customer service and component quality in their games.
I hope princess of the dragon throne still sees the light of day, also an updated ogre castle.

Any news on this David?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I found the announcement here:
http://gamebugle.com/?p=34260

Quote:
Game Salute and Clever Mojo Games (CMG) are proud to announce that they have joined forces. Game Salute has hired David MacKenzie, founder of CMG, to serve as Chief Springboard Officer, heading up the company’s game development and publishing department. Under the agreement, Game Salute has acquired the publication contracts for all of Clever Mojo Games’ current titles (Alien Frontiers, Sunrise City, Ogre Castle) and all of CMG’s projects in development (Princes of the Dragon Throne, Swinging Jivecat Voodoo Lounge, Formula E, Flummox, Forge, Monsters & Maidens, Awesome Possum, Scrapbots).

“I’m very excited to be working with Game Salute,” said CMG’s founder, David MacKenzie. ”We have wonderful game designs from all around the world, and I’m already hard at work helping the Game Salute team bring these awesome titles to gamers everywhere.”

For my part I can certainly say that my dealings over the Alien Frontiers iPad app are no longer with David MacKenzie (Clever Mojo), but with Game Salute directly, and David is no longer involved.

Hence my suggestion to try contacting Game Salute directly, because the Clever Mojo customer support channels might not have been switched over perfectly well, and they might still be in transition there. But Game Salute in general has felt pretty responsive, so hopefully you'll see prompter response if you write to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
Any news on this David?

David talks about it a little bit over here:
Re: further expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2 cents, is that I had an issue with my game board as soon as I opened my copy a few months ago, as well as about 8 of the cards being cut improperly. I sent pictures and a request for replacements and they got back to me within a day or 2, and I received them within a week or so. No issues on my end, but as the poster above said that mightve been because I was still dealing directly with clevermojo. I have read plenty of complaints about gamesalute though, so Im not sure how things will go for you. I also have an extra board, while not being perfect it is in much better shape then yours and I would be happy to ship it to you for just the cost of a usps flat rate box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
I also have an extra board, while not being perfect it is in much better shape then yours and I would be happy to ship it to you for just the cost of a usps flat rate box.

Thanks for the offer. If I strike out with Game Salute, I'll get back to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a reply from Frank at Game Salute within 10 minutes of contacting them via their website. Will close the loop when it's received, but it appears all is well now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to close the loop, my board arrived yesterday. So, once I got their attention, they acted very promptly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Just to close the loop, my board arrived yesterday. So, once I got their attention, they acted very promptly.

Glad to hear it -- thanks for keeping us posted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:

Good. You may want to edit your first post in order to change a bit the thread title, it may lead people browsing the game page to believe that they do not care...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry that it took a while to get you a replacement board! Game Salute does own Clever Mojo.

For the quickest turnaround, submitting component replacement requests through the link below is the best option.
http://gamesalute.com/support/missing-or-damaged-parts-form/

Regarding Princes of the Dragon Throne...soon!

Thanks,
Frank
Customer Service
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Springboard by Game Salute
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
The slow customer service from Clever Mojo is completely my personal fault. I have not been paying as much attention to the CMG emails since the ownership change over. I'll try to get to those ASAP! For best service, please do use the Game Salute customer service link.

BTW, I'm still VERY involved with CMG and with Game Salute and with Alien Frontiers...I just don't own the company anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A redirect on the CMG site would be a nice and simple thing to do please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SPBTooL wrote:
A redirect on the CMG site would be a nice and simple thing to do please.

The Game Salute webmaster is working on the old CMG website now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
The Game Salute webmaster is working on the old CMG website now.

WRONG! The webmaster has clearly not been working on it. The URL http://www.clevermojogames.com/ is still not directed anywhere. It should not take more than a day to fix that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.