Subject: TUBE TRAUMA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay checked out this game and the english tutorial version is really appealing, wish they'd translate the others aswell.

So there are different versions of this game allthough I would be tempted to go for the de luxe version, I had to find it won't fit my table.

Oh crsobluep

There is also a tube version, but I got signals advising against this.

So that sort of puts me off buying it, when all that'll fit is a crappy version, I'd rather leave it be.

Therefore I wonder if anyone owns the tube thing and what you think of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The non-gortex map ("basic") map is also quite nice. It looks identical to the gortex map, except that it is smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralDelivery wrote:
Saying there is a "crappy version" is not only disrepectful but also inaccurate. As far as I know, all copies are made with the most quality of of components.

Chuck

Well...
I've heard high praise about the 500 euro raincoat.

I've heard that the standard laminated one is quite good.
I've heard the de luxe edition is better cause it's bigger.

and this from the horses mouth.
when he than refers to the tube version as 'the old version' I think that crappier is a good discription.

crappier meaning, or I intended it to mean, not as good.

Now as I'd like to be sure, afterall the tube is cheaper, I was interested to know what people who actually bought this thing of that version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 friends of mine went to Essen 2012 and bought the tube version of the game. It was the only version in existence at the time. We found that the hexes on the map were too small to be able to hold all the blocks. Don't quote me, since we played back in November 2012, but I believe some situations called for 8 or more blocks in a hex. We ended up having to stack them 2 or three blocks high to get everything to fit.

I haven't physically seen the deluxe map but I'm guessing that the increase in size helped alleviate the problem somewhat.

If you do end up buying the game, make sure to download the latest version of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The map in the tube is only better if you like (and can actually use) bigger hexes and a bigger map. If it is too big for your table and you do not hang it on the wall to gaze upon its magnificence then it is probably not a better choice. It is likely to be more durable and water/spill resistant than the paper version but that is, again, only useful if it will be in harm's way.

Use of the term "crappy" to describe "the old map" is the wrong use of the word "crappy". I do not know your height or weight or what you look like, but I am willing to bet there =is someone within a mile of you right now that is taller, heavier and better looking than you are and even though the looks thing is highly subjective should we assume that you are a "crappy" person because of the existence of this bigger and better looking person?

I find the original map to be good looking, practical and fun to play the game on. I find the bigger map to be easier to fit the blocks in, but harder to reach across because it is so expansive. I hope that neither map is jealous of the other because there is room in my game closet for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the tube version and the box version. The biggest reason I bought the box version was so I could make a storage solution for the blocks. Otherwise the game is perfectly playable on any of the maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS
Germany
North Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not recommend to buy the Tube version because there are too much differences (manual, stickers, map charts, components...).
Buy the Standard Boxed Edition and download the latest version of the Living Rulebook (or, if you want to play with your own tech development, the version 2.2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.