Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Perry Tarantine
United States
Altoona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to be playing some Werewolf at a party this weekend, expecting 9-12 players. I was thinking of having people feel free to get up and walk around during the day phase (get food, bathroom, conspire, plot, deceive) etc. . . does anyone do this in practice? I figured it would make it easier for people to speak to each other privately within the context of the party.

Nightfall everyone would be back in the same place they were sitting before. I'm figuring 5 minute limit unless people are ready to move on.

People with more experience than me, is this a bad idea? Every time i've played before (admittedly only a few times) people were static in a sort of circle and couldn't really speak to anyone quietly except their neighbor(s)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this once and it worked. We had a couple normal length days and some that were 15 minutes long and one that spanned a lunch meal. It was casual but bordered on out-of-control casual. People were forgetting what had happened earlier in the game.

It is definitely not my preferred way of playing but it was interesting. We had a player speak up and said they were told in confidential by the Seer and was able to pull off a win for the Werewolves. There is a different dynamic when players can go off and possibly talk in private. Maybe more like Two Rooms and a Boom although I don't know much about that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McRipper
msg tools
The biggest difference is the time. You're not going to have the same efficiency at all with voting if everyone's pulling a politician and leaving every time an important vote is coming around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mod could carry a pad of paper and note players' votes whenever they feel like making them and just announce whenever there is a majority reached either way...or a plurality if a certain time expires. This wouldn't be necessarily better but would be an interesting, occasional variation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David T
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
It's been a couple months, but how'd the game go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.