GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,525 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Ghost Stories: Black Secret» Forums » Rules

Subject: Green monk(reroll) and Wu-Feng rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gans Andersen
msg tools
If Wu-Feng attacks a village tile rolling the curse die to an active Taosist (green with a reroll skill), can this green Taosist ask for a reroll if he is not satisfies with the result?

Similar to this:
Quote:
(I play the green Taoist (never roll the black die), can the Wu-Feng shadow roll to black die on my turn?

No.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masa kari
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, green can even force a reroll if Wu Feng attacks with the three toa-dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hastriter
United States
Shalimar
FL
flag msg tools
Can green really force a reroll if Wu Feng attacks with the three tao dice?

Is that only when green is the active taoist?

Is that only when green is the target of the attack? Is it both?> (probably not)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about that.

Green with 'gods favorite' rule is

1. Reroll any tao dice used in support action or exorcism.

2. Reroll the curse die a second time.

EDIT: This is only on Greens turn or if green is target of curse roll, or power token has been used to activate Greens power. Green's power can only be activated by a power token in the Yang phase before the roll.

Following this I would interpret that as the Shadow using the Tao die to attack a Taoist wouldn't be forced to reroll. The shadow only scores a hit on black, not with white, so the roll is already in the favour of the Taoists.

Rerolling the curse die I'm fine with as this would have no effect otherwise now all rolls are done by Wu Feng.

It is open to interpretation and role playing of course. Being 'gods favourite' the ancestral deities that accompany the green Taoist may well hold sway over any fate affecting the Taoist even an attack from Wu Feng's Shadow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well just read the faq in the BGG downloads and the green player can force a shadow attack reroll if they are the active player even if not the target of the attack!

Well that clears that up, ancestral deities are all powerful!

Sorry for doubting Masa Kari

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.