Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently become re-interested in boardgames and am looking for others interested in getting together at my place or elsewhere from time to time (or even weekly) I played the usual boardgames like monopoly and risk as a teenager (even played D&D for a couple of years) but have spent the last 30 or so years completely ignorant of the fact that boardgames were still kind of popular and have really enjoyed the few euro games I've played. I have a collection of games already but haven't been able to find anyone willing to play regularly. I'm in the South Cary/Apex/Holly Springs area. Let me know if you think you might be interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I play more in Durham than the Raleigh area, but I know there's a few places where I'm sure you could find interested gamers. The Gamer's Armory is out there, as well as Game Theory. I know people who play at both and like them, and I'm sure there are people who would up for regular Board Game Nights.

I play mostly at Atomic Empire. I run the Netrunner league there and play whatever else I have time for. If you're ever in the area on a Saturday, stop by and introduce yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a group that meets in the Brier Creek area weekly. We organize through Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/trianglegamers/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That's a bit of a haul for me, but I have been to Atomic Empire previously. Nice store and huge space! Maybe someday I'll try to get up there. I did find a store here in Cary ("All Fun and Games")which has a great group of people and may also check out Gamer's Armory. Still looking to maybe host a day at home as well if I can find some interested gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'll check out your Reddit Group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erica
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goldengamer wrote:
Thanks! That's a bit of a haul for me, but I have been to Atomic Empire previously. Nice store and huge space! Maybe someday I'll try to get up there. I did find a store here in Cary ("All Fun and Games")which has a great group of people and may also check out Gamer's Armory. Still looking to maybe host a day at home as well if I can find some interested gamers!

My SO and I may be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flakybiscuit
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be up for getting together as well (hosting or attending somewhere else) I'm in not quite so North Raleigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been attending boardgame nights (wed & thurs) at a couple of local game stores lately and that's actually working out great. I still may plan to host games at my place (and would be happy to games hosted elsewhere)but the game nights ensure lots of people and plenty of variety of games.

I saw your Lancaster Fan badge and that's actually one of the games I'm hoping to get onto the table tonight. Late notice but if you can make it out that would be great.

All Fun and Games - Cary
487 James Jackson Ave, Cary, NC 27513
They are open for gaming from 6pm to 11pm.

Let me know if you can make it tonight or any other night.

By the way, Wednesdays I try to get over to Gamers Armory in Cary for their board game night when I can. (missed this week) They are open from 6 to 10pm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're getting some games in! I'll be over at GA for their Netrunner regionals. I hear they have a pretty good wargaming community, so I may try my luck there for that, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron McClung
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Feel free to join us in Charlotte for the largest gaming con in the area... MACE...

The Carolinas`Best Gaming Con
November 15 - 17, 2013
Hilton Charlotte University Place
Charlotte, NC
http://www.justusproductions.com/mace/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
My name is Jedd and I love Medellín!
badge
The best show of all time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting up a game group that'll meet on weekends in Cary. You can check it out here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedd, since your group page listed taking games to publication, you might be interested in the Game Designers of Carolina: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1597.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
My name is Jedd and I love Medellín!
badge
The best show of all time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! While I am designing a game myself, I'm really working on building the industry contacts I need to become a successful games publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
(bump for Triangle Gamers)

NE Raleigh here.

My regular group used to play on Tues or Wed at the Royal Bean near Meredith and sometimes at the Caribou Coffee in Briar Creek for over the past 6 years. But we have slowly dissolved in 2012-2013 and now just meet for an occasional movie at the Blue Ridge or Mission Valley (hey beer AND movies!).

After expanding my small collection by over double the last couple of months (Thanks BGGCon!) I really need to find a group as well.

I think I might start going to some of the local store's game nights and appreciate the posts here reminding us of those options. Also I will see about getting an invite to Matt's Briar Creek Reddit group.

Glad I found this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Edwards
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
“The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you.” ― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a gaming meetup http://www.meetup.com/triangle-strategy-games-group/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dwarbeque wrote:

Thanks Dave.
I joined that meetup group and made it out to Gamer's Armory last week for their Wednesday BG night. Met Matt Wolf who was demoing a game, also met a few other very friendly folks, and joined a game of Amerigo. Thanks to Linus for patiently teaching!

This week the plan was to attend Game Theory's Tuesday Night BG night but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate...perhaps next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gary,

I guess I didn't meet you last week, but I also go to Gamer's Armoury most Wednesdays, so hope to see you there again soon. Matt and Linus are both great as is the rest of the gang that shows up regularly (or occasionally)!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.