United States
Spring Hope
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Designer & Inventor Emeritus
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this dividend tracker out of plywood etched and cut on a laser, with an extra set of tokens for 1830: Railways & Robber Barons, then yesterday I made an additional set of tokens for 18AL. We played 'AL last night with the Dividend Tracker, and it worked like a charm. I still lost, but that is nothing new. I think I'll be making extra tokens for every 18XX game that does not already have dividend tracking integrated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
mobilecad wrote:
I made this dividend tracker out of plywood etched and cut on a laser, with an extra set of tokens for 1830: Railways & Robber Barons, then yesterday I made an additional set of tokens for 18AL. We played 'AL last night with the Dividend Tracker, and it worked like a charm. I still lost, but that is nothing new. I think I'll be making extra tokens for every 18XX game that does not already have dividend tracking integrated.

Nice. Wish I had the tools to do that.

BTW, dividend trackers don't need a 1 or 2 as far as my experience goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
A few games have 1Ts. Should the home station be a 10, then a dividend of 1 could occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Rigby
United States
Spring Hope
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
A few games have 1Ts. Should the home station be a 10, then a dividend of 1 could occur.

Also some 18XX games provide for paying half dividends. I tried to make it so that it would work with any game, that way all I need to do is make an additional set of tokens to keep in each game and just have one board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mobilecad wrote:
Also some 18XX games provide for paying half dividends.

And some games allow the company directory to declare any dividend between $0 and a tenth of the total value of the company's train's runs, with the rest of the money going into the company treasury (eg TvdP's 18India and my 1839).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Rigby
United States
Spring Hope
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wife & Daughter modified my original idea and added it to their product lineup, 18xx Dividend Tracker, 18AL Tokens. Nice Job Board Game Innovation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.