Subject: Another Hex placement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon R
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a diagram to help because typing it out was getting a bit confusing.

Let's say I choose to take the EXP action. I have an Influence Disc if the (A) Hex. First I pick an empty spot (B Hex) and say I'm going to place here. I flip the Hex (for this example lets say from ring III):

Can I legally place the B hex in that spot since there are no bordering wormholes? Or I wouldn't have even been able to choose that as a spot from the start because there are no wormholes on that edge of the A Hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you explore you have to choose which wormhole you are exploring out of before selecting the tile. The wormhole chosen determines which ring hex pile you draw from. You then have the option of rotating the hex so that whichever wormhole you would like is touching the wormhole you initially selected to explore from.

The wormhole generator gives you more flexibility as you can explore to a half completed wormhole, but you can Never explore in the manner you are showing where no wormhole connections are made from your initial tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to choose empty place where you have access to.
From A hex you can explore 4 other hexes, B and one more are inaccessible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TGCRequiem wrote:
When you explore you have to choose which wormhole you are exploring out of before selecting the tile. The wormhole chosen determines which ring hex pile you draw from. You then have the option of rotating the hex so that whichever wormhole you would like is touching the wormhole you initially selected to explore from.

Not exactly.
You choose an empty space. If you have more legal connection to this place, you can choose where you create connection after you reveal the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon R
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:

So why wouldn't B be legal? Because there are no bordering wormholes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct - B is not legal as shown because there is no connection to A. You can choose any of the wormholes to connect, but one of them must.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cathcart
United States
West Conshohocken
US
flag msg tools
It makes sense, though. If you don't have the ability to travel in that direction how could you explore there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerdsbeware wrote:
Radziol wrote:

As default you must choose place where you have any pointing half-wormhole and place hex in a way to create full connection.
If you ahve Wormhole Generator you can also:
-choose as above, but place hex with closed border to your current hex - it's legal connection for you
-choose place adjacent to empty border of your hex, but place revealed hex with it's half-wormhole pointing to it, which again creates legal connection for you

Note: rules as written doesn't forbid you from choosing illegal place, but then all you can do is to reaveal hex and discard it as you can't place it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon R
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
Nerdsbeware wrote:
Radziol wrote:

As default you must choose place where you have any pointing half-wormhole and place hex in a way to create full connection.
If you ahve Wormhole Generator you can also:
-choose as above, but place hex with closed border to your current hex - it's legal connection for you
-choose place adjacent to empty border of your hex, but place revealed hex with it's half-wormhole pointing to it, which again creates legal connection for you

Note: rules as written doesn't forbid you from choosing illegal place, but then all you can do is to reaveal hex and discard it as you can't place it.

Gotcha, makes sense. So I wouldn't even be able to declare that a spot I wanted to explore since it would not be linked to a wormhole (unless I had a WHG. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Say you already owned A and B and you chose the space to the right of their intersection as the space you wished to explore. Since both A and B have wormholes into that sector, you could decide which of the two sectors the new tile connected to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
Say you already owned A and B and you chose the space to the right of their intersection as the space you wished to explore. Since both A and B have wormholes into that sector, you could decide which of the two sectors the new tile connected to.

Yes, after you reveal the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.