Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you describe a game of Mall of Horror? Tim did a very good job detailing that, even though you are in a shopping mall surrounded by zombies that want to eat your brains, this game is actually about negotiation & backstabbing. Joy, Jenni, Mark, Tim, & myself sat down, in that order to play. Being the oldest (yay, Skip wasn't there) I got to be head of Security and start the game.

Right off the bat I made a fundamental goof. I rolled a 4, allowing me to place one of the Rednecks in the parking lot to search the truck, but I didn't take the opportunity. For some reason, I thought there would be zombies there. Turns out, zombies didn't show up at the truck. That allowed others to vote for who searched the truck. The truck was pretty well dominated by Jenni, Mark & Tim, with each of them getting something out of that truck. I think Joy may have gotten a sympathy card, but i went the entire game with only one card to my name, "Sprint".

I stayed in the Security room as long as I could and Tim & I swapped being chief of Security. Once, Joy (on my left) said SHE wanted to be chief. Tim agreed to vote for her if he got to see all 4 dice. Joy got up from the table to get paper & pen to write down the locations of the zombies and I quickly struck a deal with Tim (on my right). I would vote for HIM if I got to see the dice.

We voted. Tim won. hee hee hee hee hee.

Another time, I convinced Jenni to vote me as head of Security. I told her I would tell a location, where to go or where to avoid, her choice. After the vote, I put 4 on my wheel (parking lot) and handed it to her. She looked at me and asked if this was where to go or where to avoid. I said, "It's your choice." hee hee hee hee

Mark pulled a good move as well. He and Jenni were in the bathroom and the zombies were breaking in. They get ready to vote, Jenni pulls out a pistol (Threat card) giving her an extra vote. Mark quickly hides (playing a Hide card). The door bursts inward and Jenni gets consumed by zombies. hee hee hee hee

Jenni was losing early and Mark started having people come up missing. Joy lost one, Tim lost one & my 3 folks were still running wildy through the mall, never to the parking lot. I finally had to sacrifice the young girl, but when it finally came down to the end, I still had the gun-toting thug and the strong guy w/baseball bat. This can be a great game with a devious bunch of folks. Jenni & Joy didn't appear to like it very much.

I would love to try this again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cody gardner
Canada
flag msg tools
mb

Quote:
She looked at me and asked if this was where to go or where to avoid. I said, "It's your choice." hee hee hee hee

Brillant just brillant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.