Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This little game doesn't look like very much when you first receive the box. Once you open it you find a litttle rulesheet, a gameboard which is nothing more than a 6x6 grid to place the playing pieces on. And finally the playing pieces, 36 wooden tokens in two colors with each set numbered from 1 to 18.

During play each player in turn place a token face up on the game board. If the player placing the token now has the highest sum of token values in the row or column where the token was placed, he turns all his opponents tokens over to face down. They will now not count when the next token(s) are placed. Then, if the player has any upside down tokens himself in a row or column where he turned over at least one of his opponent tokens, he may now turn back any upside down tokens of his own to make them count again.
When it's the next players turn, he may now only play a token in the same row or column as the previous token placed by the other player. This usually means that the game ends not when the board is full but rather when no new token can be placed in the same row or column as the previous token.

Once no more tokens can be place, the value of the face up tokens are counted and the player with the highest value wins.

Well it plays quite quick if neither player is too prone to AP, but to play well you need to think both about where to place your tokens, and most importantly what number to place. If you take a too low number then you might win now, but lose the next round and the nearer the end you get the more important it gets to have all your tokens turned face up as it's only the face up ones that will score in the end. But like with all perfect information games this one can be solved, though the number of combinations is mindboggling.

In all I rather like it and it will probably see some more play with me and my wife if we want a quick game sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.