BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Where have all the good games gone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
i am brand spanking new to this bored but not new to a good game of werewolf... but i seem to have trouble finding the games... anyone wanna help me out and point me in the right direction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Acekim
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to both BGG and to BGG online WW!

Check the calendar:
http://my.calendars.net/bgg_werewolf

Plenty of good games about to launch!

There are some pinned threads that will help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just look for a thread that says "sign up" and go there and see if the game set up interest you.

If you see a thread with "GIP" - Game in Progress then that is a game that is already running, so you can't sign up. Although you can read it if you want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
thanks all.. i got it under control now, i was just having problems with the board itself, page wasnt loading and the like so it seemed like all the games had ended, then i realized i was reading the same page again and again... must have been boged down to high traffic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many many good games out there.

As Melsana said, look for games that say sign-up in the title.

Example - The Telepaths: Hide and Seek 1/26 Rules and Signup

(was it that obvious that I was plugging my game ??)

Also the calendar. All hail the mighty calendar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and here I thought it was a commentary on the quality of games lately ...

-Munch "did elftown 1 bring the ratings down that much?" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
and here I thought it was a commentary on the quality of games lately ...

-Munch "did elftown 1 bring the ratings down that much?" Wolf

See, I thought so too, and was prepared to see the start of a flame-war...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the games on now pale in comparison to the ones of yore. It's like a beautiful creation getting overcooked and going bad at the hands of kids. Some of these games on here now...just awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Yeah the games on now pale in comparison to the ones of yore. It's like a beautiful creation getting overcooked and going bad at the hands of kids. Some of these games on here now...just awful.

That's because you didn't play Werewolf: TAG, which left all participants with loving memories. Munch "I don't see any sticky pants" Wolf keep asking about the panties raid. Dat's how good it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:

That's because you didn't play Werewolf: TAG, which left all participants with loving memories. Munch "I don't see any sticky pants" Wolf keep asking about the panties raid. Dat's how good it is.

You responded with a joke, Latria? And only you responded....I pour on a little gasoline, nada happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Latria wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:

You responded with a joke, Latria? And only you responded....I pour on a little gasoline, nada happens.

I have to assume you are joking. I don't consider the games today to be any worse than yesterday. We are certainly getting more and more experimental, but from my personal observation, there are many new stuff that worked really well. Sure, I miss my old pals like Kakaris. But what can you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was joking. Munch and Kima were looking for a flame-war. Just wanted to lend a helping hand.

I agree with your sentiments, too, Latria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The good games are just getting going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
I was joking. Munch and Kima were looking for a flame-war. Just wanted to lend a helping hand.

I agree with your sentiments, too, Latria.

No I wasn't devil

-Munch "This is the room for getting hit on the head" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been here since the actual beginning, but darn close. The games have.... changed over the year, but I wouldn't say for the worse. I would like to see some more large vanilla games in addition to the small ones. We are seeing most large games now being non-vanilla, call them uber-games. The problem with large vanilla games is they all hang on the writing and player interaction to keep them interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Hey, Munch! What time is it?

Munch: Why Beo, it's time for your unsolicited opinion, of course!

Gee, thanks! The current set of "Ubergames" to use Jmilum's phrase, is like that home game of poker where people call out variants like baseball, with deuces and one-eyed jacks being wild. Lots of fun, unbelievable hands (five of a kind, anyone?), and a good social time all around. They're quite enjoyable, and not too stressful.

For me, the 9-player short game, 5 PM's per day between any two players, with Village, Seer, Wolves, and Sorceror, is the "Texas Hold 'em" of Werewolf. It distills the entire game down to pure interpersonal skills. I don't have to try and send obscure clues or hint at my role. It's all about you and me, and how we read each other straight up. Gotta love it. It's an insane high, and a real addiction.

It's also an incredible time sink, which is why I've cut down on my participation in those games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
The good games are just getting going.

Blasphemy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:

For me, the 9-player short game, 5 PM's per day between any two players, with Village, Seer, Wolves, and Sorceror, is the "Texas Hold 'em" of Werewolf. It distills the entire game down to pure interpersonal skills. I don't have to try and send obscure clues or hint at my role. It's all about you and me, and how we read each other straight up. Gotta love it. It's an insane high, and a real addiction.

I'm with ya. Those are my favorite games. And also the games that I am best at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
For me, the 9-player short game, 5 PM's per day between any two players, with Village, Seer, Wolves, and Sorceror, is the "Texas Hold 'em" of Werewolf.

What an interesting choice for analogy. Texas Hold 'Em is rather new still. It started out as one of those many variants of poker and as home games...

And my personal guess is that it will fall quite a bit in popularity in not too long. Will it remain with 5 and 7 Card Stud, Omaha, etc ? Probably. But at that point something new will big.

No, the "Texas Hold 'Em" of Werewolf would more accurately be the larger games right now... the smaller games don't draw all the people like the larger ones do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.