tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Very exciting news, all around. I prefer to consider the wolf's name is Wolf, although I'm pretty sure FFG didn't intend it that way. =P

I can't help but notice that they already appear to be breaking their "don't give heroes names that sound like classes" rule. Maybe they've already ruled out the idea of making a "Pathfinder" class, though. I suppose they did the same thing in Lair of the Wyrm, now that I think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, they sure have gone along time without an update on this. It's been a month since they last gave us a sneak peak. They've updated it to "On the Boat" but no further information on the final 2 classes, the final two heroes, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, we are way overdue for one.

But big thanks to FFG for actually doing these updates in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Zervakis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple extras:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Where did you get these?

That first one is interesting. It implies that there may be another skill that allows you to control more than one Wolf at a time. Otherwise why say "you may only control one Wolf at a time"?

Are there other Wolf tokens in the box? The language "place your Wolf token" rather than "place a Wolf token" seems to suggest no.

So which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Zervakis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are from the preview's page. Sometimes you can guess some urls. Especially those which have numbers
ie
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent-second...
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent-second...
Got it?

The Beastmaster's starting skill is worded exactly the same as the Necromancer's - well, updated with the "empty space" phrase. They simply explicitly say you can't use the action on the skill (placing the wolf) as long as a wolf is on the map. Thus, 1 wolf token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated Release Date for July 2013
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks. Was expecting mid-June. Now it's officially set to come out in Q3, not Q2 as promised.

I have it on pre-order from CSI and it's holding up the rest of the games in that order, Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar and The Manhattan Project.

Sorry for the rant; I suppose I'll just have to get over it and keep waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
That sucks. Was expecting mid-June. Now it's officially set to come out in Q3, not Q2 as planned.

FIFY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Touché.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.