Subject: Stacking? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Units do not stack correct?

2) I am assuming Leaders are units and will not stack with other units.

3) I'm assuming there will be no equipment type counters other than grenades. Such as MGs, mortars, guns. I would assume these will be part of the unit. Correct?

4) Considering if the above is the case, what about units in transports?

I like this idea and if this is the case will push me even more towards purchase.I hate games with stacks of counters. I lose track of my stuff and get confused, much less trying to keep up with my opponents.

Thanks,
Allan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)correct

2)correct

3)each unit has its inherent weaponry which is fixed, no need for extra counters. the equipment you buy as extra options is not stacked with a unit, any unit attached to the same platoon can use it as long as you have some of it left (for now they all come with 3 'uses')

4)that would be the only possible stacks but im not yet sure how the game handles it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Morey
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking at the photos, the equipment I have seen are grenades, rifle grenades, ammo, ammo belt, panzerfaust, and for the vehicles, a hedgerow cutter.

And instead of equipment you can get skills instead, like, trigger happy, tactical, decoy, ambush aggresive, and the aptly named, nazi basterds.

And these are just the ones that are viewable from the photos. I expect a few more in the final game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I remember in Frontiers, the game from which Heroes of Normandie originated, bigger units such tanks could carry infantry units, but maybe I'm mistaking since I never played the game despite owning it So maybe there could be transported units in the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vehicle with the "transportation" special capacity can carry troops. This is the only stacking for the game and it doesn't last very long time.

Some other equipment listed so far : APC and HE shells for tanks, incendiary (White phosphorus) and smoke mortar shells, sticky bombs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As clem says, but those equipments do not stack to any specifical unit per say. They are attached to any recruited unit of the platoon.
(which rises one of my concern, i.e. how do we sort out which unit is with which platoon, regarding some "funny" army recruitment we can do - such as many able/baker/charly)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First, all units have the platoon patch on it.

But more important, there is a color code on the tokens border (the same for units, equipments and habilities of one platoon).

This color code allow you to easily see all the units that are form the same platoon and it also have some use when you construct your platoon and buy its equipement (the empty spaces for options on the platoon rack give you the colors of the element that can be buy in every space).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R., I see your point, but you totally miss mine.
What if I do want to put 2 (or more!) of the same platoon in my army, like 2 riffle platoons, with exactly the same unit choices. For the "first" one, I take "Grenade x 3", but not for the other one.
That would make a lot of Bakers and Charleys with the same borders on the board.
(6 if you take the example on the KS home page, and do not duplicate any recruitment option, from which only 3 have to be marked somewhat grenade-compatible)

And more to consider oncer you see that some recruitment slots allow things only on the choice you put in (like extra "Order" star, or "Shoot in Movment /2" that can already be spotten)
(if I continue my example, 2 Able/Baker/Charley choices have to be marked as "Order" bringers - and that is important because the order disappear when all are killed - and one of them only is grenade compatible)

And I did not see anywhere some rules that forbid such army's construction as the ones I describe (not saying I would personnaly play that way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Right, I'm still not sure to understand your point

If, somehow, I did understand and for what I know, each platoon (and every units and equipment in it) in the game have their own color pattern, even if two different platoon are of the same kind. So know problem to recognise them.
Excepted if you have several copy of the game box, in the idea to have (even) more of the same platoon, in this case DPG wrote that you should have to change the colors yourself (a touch black pen should be enought and still esthetic).

The equipment (grenade for example) in a platoon recruitment slot benefits to all the units of the platoon (that means all the units with the same color).
For the "Order" bringers choices, I'm not sure. Probably killing them remove the order. In this case, you're right, there is something unclear to submit to the author in the "Let's talk about rules" topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R de Montesquiou wrote:
each platoon (and every units and equipment in it) in the game have their own color pattern, even if two different platoon are of the same kind.

See, that is the information/hint I was looking for. You perfectly nailed it.
Is that "official" (a look on the updates and pictures show that, but as they are not all shown...) or just some presumption of yours?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XofMdS wrote:
Is that "official" (a look on the updates and pictures show that, but as they are not all shown...) or just some presumption of yours?

In fact it's a mix of both.
First, the rule draft explain you that the color of the empty slot and options have to match.
Second, it's really visible if you look at the game box content (wich is almost final) where you can see that the 2 rifle platoons are very similar (but not totally the same) with some common options but different color (even for the options that are the exact sames).

It's also partly why the authors made the alternative rifle platoon & Kampfgrupen add-ons, so the colors can be different (and some options too). Anyway, I discovered from their comments here and there that it's really not in the authors habit to offer two time exactly the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
R de Montesquiou wrote:
each platoon (and every units and equipment in it) in the game have their own color pattern, even if two different platoon are of the same kind.

clem has said this in another threat. this is also the reason there is no point in getting two base games (except multiple map tiles, but those can be bought seperatelt)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.