Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I recently saw a review of this game and it hit me, that looks like it would be a lot of fun. Now I dont usually go in for space themed games but recently played galaxy trucker and the kids and I really liked it. Not the same kind of game but kids seem to dig the space theme. They also get into quasi economic mechanics like go here get some stuff then use that stuff to do other stuff and get points. They really liked this mechanic in lords of waterdeep. Yes, i know; another different kind of game, but it illustrates the mechanism they seem to like. Reading in another post that the classic game is not that hard to learn i thought this might work for me and the kids. Any of your thoughts are appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
MoV isn't a difficult game to learn. If the kids liked the pick-up and deliver aspect of other games then they would potentially like MoV. You could certainly streamline some of the rules for the kids including movement which is basically roll and move.
However it is a long game so you may have to house rule to play for a certain number of turns. And it's a fiddly setup but it looks great and I think they would dig the theme. My own 7yo loves space but I haven't gotten him to play it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the game also has humor going for it, which definitely is a plus with my kids. I finally got my 7 yr old daughter to try it out. She wasn't enthusiastic, until she noticed the fuzzy dice. That was followed up by several deliveries of impossible furniture, and she was hooked. Now she is asking me to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks for the input. I did pick this up. After reading the classic rules; it did not seem all that complex and I am sure my 10 and 11 year old kids can handle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
rman wrote:
Thanks for the input. I did pick this up. After reading the classic rules; it did not seem all that complex and I am sure my 10 and 11 year old kids can handle it.

My 10 year old has played both versions with me, and hasn't had a problem with either one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.