CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yeah, I don't think anyone around here was "wanting" it to be any kind of group. They suspected the brotherhood as he was a DA and probably prosecuted members of the prison gang. They also suspected it could have been the mexican drug cartel, or one of any number of possible nefarious people. He was a DA who was gunned down in his house, I think it was logical to suspect people who he prosecuted. I don't think the left had some kind of agenda here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I guess it's safe for NewRight to come back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record, I'm not invested in the whole Tea Partier/white power guy thing for the Boston bombing. Home-grown Jihadi has my vote. Even if it does turn out to be a "libertarian-anarchist" type, I wouldn't be happy about it, nor would I tar the whole group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:

Call me jaded.

Funny, after reading your post "jaded" wasn't the word that came to mind.

Being "on the left" I never once hoped it was a white supremacist. I had no idea who it might be since I had no actual knowledge of the case but I certainly thought the possibility it was related to the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas was real. Perhaps I thought so because an Assistant US Attorney in Houston quit a case against the ABT after citing security concerns arising from the Kaufman County killings. Or it might have been the initial interest on that group by most of the law enforcement involved in the case. Maybe it was one of those things.

Regardless, don't let any of this get in the way of your wingnut persecution pity party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
She confessed and gave up her husband as the trigger man. She was the first to blink and gets the deal. He's a disgraced Republican former justice of the peace that was given the boot. They are both white, not sure what the point of this thread is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.