Subject: Epic Summoner Wars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm tempted by the reinforcement packs, having played a few on iOS, but I really don't want to deck build in this game. My group loves the pick up and play side of SW as we have it now. Can I have the best of both worlds? Summoner Wars with Reinforcement packs and play with all the cards of one faction?
How would the game play out? Has anyone tried it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it would be a good idea at all. For one thing the game would last too long even if all you did was summon champs.

The deck building is so simple I don't see why you couldn't just get the reinforcements. It only takes five minutes to switch the cards out. I'm not getting them because I'm getting the second summoners and using them to deck-build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would make the game longer and be weird for certain factions, namely JE, FK, FL, and MR, that have non-standard Reinforcement counts. JE and FK have 3 Common types (5 each) and only 1 Champ in their Reinforcements, FL have 2 Champs, 1 Common type (5), and several Mutations, and MR have tons of Reinforcements spread through the rest, plus their own pack. The normal distribution is 3 Champs and 2 Common types (5 each).

Would it work? Sure. Will it be balanced? Likely nowhere near as much as the base game. Will it be fun? Likely, but that would have to be put to the test. I've never tried it or heard of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're effectively adding 13 cards to each deck, which should add roughly 50% to the game length. I imagine the real implications may be longer due to the increased troop presence being limited by the 3 Movement/3 Attack rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the responses. I didn't realise the reinforcements were unevenly distributed, I thought each faction got the same common-champ ratio.

I understand wanting to wait for the second summons, but I've seen some good cards in the reinforcement pack I played. perhaps I'll wait u till seconds are out and see what you get for your money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.