Popular Tags: Spiel2013 [+] [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been 6 months since the official release of Myrmes at Essen. A new print run was expected in April 2013 and a solution was "in the works" for those who got the first edition with the misprinted tiles.

Well... Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wegner
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing but silence. Well done Ystari, so far ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weserkiesel wrote:

If they don't provide replacements to those of us who supported them by buying their game as soon as it came out, this will be my last Ystari game, no matter how good their future games may be...

Simple...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
weserkiesel wrote:

If they don't provide replacements to those of us who supported them by buying their game as soon as it came out, this will be my last Ystari game, no matter how good their future games may be...

Simple...

Calm down, cut them some slack. They already said that the tiles will be replaced. It's not that the game cannot be played just fine with the misprints.

On topic:
Here (http://www.ystari.com/wordpress/?p=2444#comments, comments on French Ystari website) Gabriel mentions on April 17 that the corrected tiles are currently in production and that more information will be available in June.

EDIT: I just noticed that Gabriel explicitly stated on May 2 that the tiles will be available in June.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why one should assume that they have to monitor these forums in any case. Have you contacted them via email or by some other means?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mid-June... Let's see what is going on with these replacement tiles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Mid-June... Let's see what is going on with these replacement tiles...

according to the blog comments, the 2nd edition is expected for end of june, but if I understood correctly, the replacement tiles are delayed (without a new date)

So it seems we have to wait a bit more.... :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reply i got when i asked at the Ystari Blog about the replacements:

"Sorry but this project has been postponed to an undefined date."

That probably means that we'll never get the replacement tiles. So, buying new Ystari games has also been postponed to an undefined date, for me...

It seems that some companies do not appreciate the fact that we supported them by buying their 1st editions.

The moral here is to NEVER BUY new games as soon as they are released, because you may end up with misprints and then have to deal with situations like this!

I'll spend my money on titles with better support. There are many good games around, so i am not going to miss any future Ystari releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

The moral here is to NEVER BUY new games as soon as they are released, because you may end up with misprints and then have to deal with situations like this!

I'll spend my money on titles with better support. There are many good games around, so i am not going to miss any future Ystari releases.

Which you might, since "nobody" buying the 1st edition will unlikely result in a 2nd edition you could buy....

Honestly, the misprint is a bit annoying, but in no way a deal breaker. The game is still excellent.

I'll just wait and hope the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put the correct side of the tiles face-up next to the board when we play. It's really a huge non-issue. Would I like replacement tiles? Sure. Do I need them to play the game? Nope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is more about us supporting game companies by getting their 1st editions - instead of waiting for a corrected/improved 2nd edition.

Instead of appreciating this and providing solutions to their mistakes, we are ignored and end up waiting for months to get replacements, if any!

So there's no reason anymore for me to support them by buying their products...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to support companies that make good games first and foremost but each to their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bean-Boy wrote:
I like to support companies that make good games first and foremost but each to their own.

For me that's not enough. I also want good Customer Service.

What good is the latest [insert favorite brand here] if the one you just bought has problems and the company doesn't do anything to fix it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
What good is the latest [insert favorite brand here] if the one you just bought has problems and the company doesn't do anything to fix it?

It depends how much the problem affects gameplay. In this case, the answer for me is: about zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. It's not as if they shipped a game with missing components and then refused to fix it. They shipped a working game with a printing error that doesn't affect the actual game.

Have you tried e-mailing them directly? There can be several very good reasons why replacements tiles haven't shown up yet - we have almost no information to go on. If that scarcity of information is all it takes for you to raise the flag of bad customer support so be it. From what I can see it's not bad CS. It's not great CS but there's a whole lot of degree between those two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you take printing errors for granted your next game will contain more of them.

Why spend money on quality control, if they buy anything we offer them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
If you take printing errors for granted your next game will contain more of them.

If and when printing effors dramatically reduce the playability of a game, I will probably hear about it before I buy it. I will weigh that accordingly in my decision of whether to buy.

GeoMan wrote:

If the latter were true, then the former would indeed be a logical conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

So, did you e-mail Ystari?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bean-Boy wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

So, did you e-mail Ystari?

The reply i got from Gabriel:

"Sorry but this project has been postponed to an undefined date."

Undefined date! 8 months after we bought the game... Excellent Customer Service! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ask why? He responded truthfully - that's good CS. Bad CS would have been ignoring your e-mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I'm the first one to be sorry about the misprinted tiles. It doesn't prevent you from playing as you can play either the way it is printed in rules (and start the setup on the right side of tiles), or the way printed on the tiles. It is not in any way an excuse, but I just realize discussing with people, that at the end they care less about this, than I was personnally annoyed about this.

I'm working now for Ystari (beginning of April this year) and we had difficulties in the reprint of our games for the first half of 2013, so it postponed as well the print of corrective tiles (printed with Ystari mag mini-expansion).

Everything is on the way and corrective tiles+mini expansion will be done during summer.
We will face difficulties to distribute them, so it will be 3 ways:
- BGG will get a part for the BGG store at Essen, and they will sell at minimum price (which is 2.5 I guess), money you are donating to BGG
- at Essen, you can ask freely for the tiles at our booth
- the Ystari store on the website will have the product around Essen at a price of 0, but there will be standard shipping costs

Kind regards, Thomas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yellohat
Germany
Emmerich am Rhein
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci Thomas,
That is great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osidarta wrote:
- at Essen, you can ask freely for the tiles at our booth

That's great! Expect that I'll pay you a visit, then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Schwartz
United States
Sturgis
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osidarta wrote:
we had difficulties in the reprint of our games for the first half of 2013, so it postponed as well the print of corrective tiles (printed with Ystari mag mini-expansion).

Everything is on the way and corrective tiles+mini expansion will be done during summer.

Thanks for the update, Thomas! Am I to understand that the reprint of Myrmes will also be done sometime over the summer along with the corrective tiles and the mini expansion? I've been waiting to purchase the game until the second edition was available, to ensure I had the correct tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swamp Fox wrote:
Thanks for the update, Thomas! Am I to understand that the reprint of Myrmes will also be done sometime over the summer along with the corrective tiles and the mini expansion? I've been waiting to purchase the game until the second edition was available, to ensure I had the correct tiles.

According to plan, the reprint of Myrmes with corrected tiles will be in Europe for the end of July, so I guess end of August in USA (it is produced in Germany), but it is an estimation. For the mini-expansion, you will have to go the same way (BGG store, Essen booth or Ystari website). So you can have probably Myrmes box just after summer, so a bit before mini-expansion. The expansion will be free for download on Ystari website of course.

Hope this will be fine enough for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.