Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just couldn't resist that subject line.

Howdy. With the forthcoming KS of this game I was wondering if anyone will be selling their current copies? I'd be interested. What was the production quality of the first? From the pictures I've seen. I looks decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Yes, first edition had good production quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uneyed wrote:

Howdy. With the forthcoming KS of this game I was wondering if anyone will be selling their current copies? I'd be interested. What was the production quality of the first? From the pictures I've seen. I looks decent.

You don't want a Resistance themed version then?

M B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/155657/item/2609439#it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:

Just saw another thread about buying a copy. So sorry to add another thread. There it mentioned:

http://www.allaboutgamesmaine.com

Is this still a valid source? I cannot access the site at the moment.

I would also be interested to buy it used from someone if they have a Coupy. (Did it again!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mudshark_baby wrote:
Uneyed wrote:

You don't want a Resistance themed version then?

M B

Sorta do. The artwork will no doubt be astounding. But I'll have to wait until the KS shipment date. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:

What do you know? Hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uneyed wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:

Just saw another thread about buying a copy. So sorry to add another thread. There it mentioned:

I would also be interested to buy it used from someone if they have a Coupy. (Did it again!)

I bought mine from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uneyed wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:

I bought one a month ago from them. They don't seem to understand tech so you would be better off calling them I think. The card stock is a little thin, we had a case where a player had an open window with sunlight behind him and you could totally read what cards he had when he lifted them up to look at them but sleeve em and their fixed. Would be slightly better design if they had some iconography on them so newbie knew what they where holding
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No disrespect to the poster above but I don't know why you would pay $23 + shipping in a geeklist auction when you can get it brand new delivered from All About Games for the same price, and some of it goes to charity. I've ordered Coup from them on two separate occasions, doing everything on their website, not needing to call them and both orders came through with zero hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
No disrespect to the poster above but I don't know why you would pay $23 + shipping in a geeklist auction when you can get it brand new delivered from All About Games for the same price, and some of it goes to charity. I've ordered Coup from them on two separate occasions, doing everything on their website, not needing to call them and both orders came through with zero hassle.

I also had no problem ordering online via their Paypal portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
none taken its a soft reserve and I looked at the price history when choosing a price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Same here, received my copy no problemo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Bowdish
United States
Argyle
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered my copy within the last couple of weeks from the company mentioned above. Very happy with it (though I am pimpin' my copy with better coins). Oldest son requested it again for some plays this weekend. I hope to introduce it soon to the collection of work colleagues that play games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:

The "money" is pretty bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
No disrespect to the poster above but I don't know why you would pay $23 + shipping in a geeklist auction when you can get it brand new delivered from All About Games for the same price

Quite a few reasons I can think of off the top of my head:

- That's a soft reserve which means it may very well sell for less unless a bidding war starts. As of this moment the high bid is… $0

- If you're bidding on other games in the auction and would effectively be getting it shipped for free.

- The game will fit in a small priority flat rate box which means the shipping would be less than ordering from the store. (and even cheaper if you go standard in a padded mailer)

- Supporting charities is nice. So is supporting BGG with a 3% commission.

- Buying from a FLGS that donates a bit to charity is a great thing. So is buying from a fellow member right here and supporting BGG with the 3% commission they earn.

People like options. Nothing wrong with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:

I've played my (sleeved) copy 82 times and can confirm it is still in perfect condition. The coins are the same plastic tokens you get in many Martin Wallace games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
- The game will fit in a small priority flat rate box which means the shipping would be less than ordering from the store. (and even cheaper if you go standard in a padded mailer)

All About shipped two copies to me in a single small priority flat rate box, FWIW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
illest503 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

All About shipped two copies to me in a single small priority flat rate box, FWIW.

Exactly, and they charge $8 shipping for 2 copies instead of $5.15 which is what it costs for that single small priority flat rate box.

I'm not saying that's unreasonable or gouging, just that it's more than the exact shipping most of us charge when selling at auction.

Have to say though, now that I've seen the teaser art for the forthcoming French Edition, I've entirely lost interest in obtaining this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All too true about the $8...I had forgotten. So, yes, it was just shy of $40 for two copies shipped.

I have to agree about the French edition as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw that Coup was going to be on Kickstarter I was pretty excited. I backed it immediately, but...I really like the old artwork a LOT more. That French artwork looks awesome as well.

Currently waffling over whether to go for the first edition or stick with the goofy-looking (to me) sci-fi version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
illest503 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

There is no way two copies of the game fit into a small priority box. A medium one: yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I'm at quite an impasse here. I've not played The Resistance so I do not have a former attachment to the theme. However, I'm seriously considering now that I've seen the game play on Wheatontube. I like the future tech sci-fi theme just as well as the others. The French version looks pretty swanky too!

What to do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uneyed wrote:
Hmm... I'm at quite an impasse here. I've not played The Resistance so I do not have a former attachment to the theme. However, I'm seriously considering now that I've seen the game play on Wheatontube. I like the future tech sci-fi theme just as well as the others. The French version looks pretty swanky too!

What to do...

Even though I'm partial to the French art, if you like the sci-fi theme and art, the US KS version is an absolute no brainer. $15 shipped for the game including extras the other versions won't have. I may even get one myself to hold me over until the French copy drops.

I have no doubt I'll be paying a hefty premium for the imported language edition as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
fsnam wrote:
we had a case where a player had an open window with sunlight behind him and you could totally read what cards he had when he lifted them up to look at them

To be fair, it was difficult to make out the actual card art itself, the color was really the big give away. And, as a result, it was tough to differentiate the duke and the captain, since they're similar colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.