Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Variety rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am extremely excited to sit down and explore the Myth board game. I plan on testing out dual layer tiles. I am a fan of the miniatures and excited to paint them.

With that said I find it hard to justify raising from Captain to any other pledge level on the fact that what I get extra of is a duplicate of something I already will be getting. If the acolyte pledge offered a variation of the core set in miniatures I would be all over it.

This also brings in the question if MERCS plans to sell different styles of minions for arachnids, orcs, skeletons, etc?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Did you watch the last two or three extended gameplay videos? They show a scenario involving two lairs and one creature type, and they use a lot of minions. At one point they're at 21 minions and 2 captains, and they get lucky with some spawns.

That's why you'd need a lot of minions from kickstarter levels above minion, but by no means is it required.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I was more after the aesthetics of it. I have plenty of other miniatures I could use in place of the typical unit. Somewhat like how they are using Merc miniatures for two of the heroes because they don't have them yet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nottma wrote:
I was more after the aesthetics of it. I have plenty of other miniatures I could use in place of the typical unit. Somewhat like how they are using Merc miniatures for two of the heroes because they don't have them yet.


from that standpoint, you are much better served getting the captain level and then investing in the add ons that you like.

I think the quest and treasure decks are a must,... and then you can choose if you like the Skald, or the Elemental Boss, etc.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan H
United States
California
flag msg tools
yamato2 wrote:

from that standpoint, you are much better served getting the captain level and then investing in the add ons that you like.

I think the quest and treasure decks are a must,... and then you can choose if you like the Skald, or the Elemental Boss, etc.


I totally agree. Those probably would give me the most value. The Skald is a must. What upgrade paths they will have for the Skald...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't talked much about that. Brian said that each base character would have two "journeyman" charachters,... and each of those would be able to move to advanced versions,... hopefully this will aslo be the way for the Skald.

I think the treasure deck should really help out both the trickster and the skald, as their character specific items are not in the base set.... as part of your Captain pledge and/or Skald purchase,.. you will get some starting items and upgrade items, but the expanstion treasure will include a boost for them as well as all the other charachters.

then more quests seems like a no brainer,...

I like the Skald,... and if it does not get included by a later stretch goal,.. I am surely getting the Elemental Boss!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nodjmet

North Dakota
msg tools
yamato2 wrote:
They haven't talked much about that. Brian said that each base character would have two "journeyman" charachters,... and each of those would be able to move to advanced versions,... hopefully this will aslo be the way for the Skald.

I think the treasure deck should really help out both the trickster and the skald, as their character specific items are not in the base set.... as part of your Captain pledge and/or Skald purchase,.. you will get some starting items and upgrade items, but the expanstion treasure will include a boost for them as well as all the other charachters.

then more quests seems like a no brainer,...

I like the Skald,... and if it does not get included by a later stretch goal,.. I am surely getting the Elemental Boss!


While the treasure pack will benefit all classes. I recall Brian stating somewhere that the skald and trickster will come with cards for gear. The game and decks are designed for all as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lucerian wrote:
yamato2 wrote:
They haven't talked much about that. Brian said that each base character would have two "journeyman" charachters,... and each of those would be able to move to advanced versions,... hopefully this will aslo be the way for the Skald.

I think the treasure deck should really help out both the trickster and the skald, as their character specific items are not in the base set.... as part of your Captain pledge and/or Skald purchase,.. you will get some starting items and upgrade items, but the expanstion treasure will include a boost for them as well as all the other charachters.

then more quests seems like a no brainer,...

I like the Skald,... and if it does not get included by a later stretch goal,.. I am surely getting the Elemental Boss!


While the treasure pack will benefit all classes. I recall Brian stating somewhere that the skald and trickster will come with cards for gear. The game and decks are designed for all as well.


sorry for the confusion,... that's what I was trying to say there
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
yamato2 wrote:

I like the Skald,... and if it does not get included by a later stretch goal,.. I am surely getting the Elemental Boss!


At the current pace, I don't even see us getting the rat boss stretch goal. We'll be lucky to hit 350k.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ya. I think we will barely make the 350k goal

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kicktraq future projections are just about useless. They only take into account the previous day's pledges and extrapolate on those. There are a thousand and one factors that they don't take into effect.

What Kicktraq IS useful for is learning stuff based on previous Kickstarters. It is very clear that most campaigns see a significant boost over the last 2-3 days of their campaign. We're talking doubling and sometimes tripling it's total.

For instance - the first Zombicide (found here: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide/#ch...)
When the first Z-cide was at this point in its campaign (i.e. 6 days remaining), it was at $229,243. It ended with almost 800k. There is nothing it had that MYTH doesn't have. The CMON juggernaut was not what is now. And MERCS is an established company with a well selling product to stand behind.
That is to say, there is absolutely no reason why we can't finish with these numbers.

Dream big, folks.

(And yes, I just copy-pasted a comment I made on the KS comment thread. It's relevant and I don't feel like retyping the whole thing )
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan H
United States
California
flag msg tools
IronSyndicate wrote:

Dream big, folks.

(And yes, I just copy-pasted a comment I made on the KS comment thread. It's relevant and I don't feel like retyping the whole thing )


Oh I am a Dreamer!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just go for the $100 level too.. no use having so many repeated minions. After all, 1 or 2 stretch goals adds more of them.

Just wondering, Were there a lot of scenarios during their playtest where extra minions are needed? If so, shouldnt the extra minions be included in the base game instead instead of putting it as a 'bonus'?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
waynez wrote:
I would just go for the $100 level too.. no use having so many repeated minions. After all, 1 or 2 stretch goals adds more of them.

Just wondering, Were there a lot of scenarios during their playtest where extra minions are needed? If so, shouldnt the extra minions be included in the base game instead instead of putting it as a 'bonus'?



It is only if you want to run two identical lair types on one tile. Not needed to enjoy the base game. That's why it's a bonus...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
IronSyndicate wrote:
Kicktraq future projections are just about useless. They only take into account the previous day's pledges and extrapolate on those. There are a thousand and one factors that they don't take into effect.

What Kicktraq IS useful for is learning stuff based on previous Kickstarters. It is very clear that most campaigns see a significant boost over the last 2-3 days of their campaign. We're talking doubling and sometimes tripling it's total.

For instance - the first Zombicide (found here: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide/#ch...)
When the first Z-cide was at this point in its campaign (i.e. 6 days remaining), it was at $229,243. It ended with almost 800k. There is nothing it had that MYTH doesn't have. The CMON juggernaut was not what is now. And MERCS is an established company with a well selling product to stand behind.
That is to say, there is absolutely no reason why we can't finish with these numbers.

Dream big, folks.

(And yes, I just copy-pasted a comment I made on the KS comment thread. It's relevant and I don't feel like retyping the whole thing )


Yeah I'm hoping for a late surge, people waiting to see where stretch goals are before making a decision, or just not committing until it matters.

Either way I don't expect any stretch goals to be added beyond 400k.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WunupKid wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
Kicktraq future projections are just about useless. They only take into account the previous day's pledges and extrapolate on those. There are a thousand and one factors that they don't take into effect.

What Kicktraq IS useful for is learning stuff based on previous Kickstarters. It is very clear that most campaigns see a significant boost over the last 2-3 days of their campaign. We're talking doubling and sometimes tripling it's total.

For instance - the first Zombicide (found here: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide/#ch...)
When the first Z-cide was at this point in its campaign (i.e. 6 days remaining), it was at $229,243. It ended with almost 800k. There is nothing it had that MYTH doesn't have. The CMON juggernaut was not what is now. And MERCS is an established company with a well selling product to stand behind.
That is to say, there is absolutely no reason why we can't finish with these numbers.

Dream big, folks.

(And yes, I just copy-pasted a comment I made on the KS comment thread. It's relevant and I don't feel like retyping the whole thing )


Yeah I'm hoping for a late surge, people waiting to see where stretch goals are before making a decision, or just not committing until it matters.

Either way I don't expect any stretch goals to be added beyond 400k.


You would be wrong.

We'll have them. We may not get to them, but we'll have them.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
That just made my day.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling that we are going to need some of those extra stretch goals

can't wait to see them!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The pattern so far has been to show the next set of stretch goal every 100k (so 200k-300k were revealed when we hit 100k, and 300k-400k were shown when we unlocked the Trickster at 200k).
Judging by that, we should see the next set @300k. Which would be sometime over the next day or two at the rate we're going...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that Myth will see the same numbers as Zombicide. Zombies are a lot more generic so get a lot more people interested and a big bump was seen after the CTS Penny Arcade tie in was announced. I do think that Myth will see a bump in the last few days. I wish this was ending a week later though as most salaried people won't get paid until then! I think that we will get all the current stretch goals though and hopefully a few others as yet unannounced ones.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree we won't go that far.

But I think it's very possible to close off at ~500k
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a few days to clear payment, so that shouldn't be a problem.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I don't think that Myth will see the same numbers as Zombicide. Zombies are a lot more generic so get a lot more people interested and a big bump was seen after the CTS Penny Arcade tie in was announced. I do think that Myth will see a bump in the last few days. I wish this was ending a week later though as most salaried people won't get paid until then! I think that we will get all the current stretch goals though and hopefully a few others as yet unannounced ones.


Indeed, Zombicide has a much wider audience. In fact the Myth team should be happy Zombicide exists as I wouldn't even be considering this game if it hadn't given me a massive boost in love for board games and kick-starting them.

We seem to have been getting a pretty consistent 25k a day so that would put us to at least 425k, a nice up-curve would be wonderful and it'd be wonderful to see this hit half a million =)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:
You have a few days to clear payment, so that shouldn't be a problem.


Amazon processes your payment immediately after the KS ends. It's ok if you're paying on a credit card for example but it may impact on salaried individuals who need to wait until the end of the month for their money.

I think we should end up around $500k too, fingers crossed!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.