Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching post about this game for the past few months.. they have cool parts minis and game boards and which seems like a complete game..why don't we have a video on game Play yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday on the kickstarter comments they posted that it would be a week or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply cannot understand why some KS campaigns are launched without a video and rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
I simply cannot understand why some KS campaigns are launched without a video and rules...

I have a theory (in this case), based on, well, it launching without a video and the amount of Kickstarters currently going on which threaten to tear my wallet to pieces.

It is, sadly, not a terribly interesting theory:

It is now April. If one wanted to get a game out in time for Essen, Origins, GenCon, etc., I think now is pretty much the latest one could reasonably be on KS and expect to have one's game ready to go for the big fairs.

That's assuming one's game is ready for primetime as of project launch. So perhaps they waited as long as they could, but the folks responsible for the video were lagging behind. It happens, right?

Anyway, that's my guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The video post will serve as a great "update" during the pledging dead zone. 35 days is a long time to have to keep things fresh to spur new interest. Clearly, miniature and art photos are enough to get the initial backers on board (myself included).

The video and gameplay details will be crucial to keep backers on board for the duration. I'm watching with great interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:

Because they aren't ready. Kickstarter is used to develop games as well as market them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the value in gameplay videos and early rule drafts, but if you do a bit of looking around on GD's site there was quite a bit of information to glean from it.

I doubt the casual peruser of Kickstarter is going to go to that much effort though.

I feel comfortable enough at this point to back it as I've got some idea of how things play out, but the sooner they let the rest of the world know, the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Amiral wrote:

Because they aren't ready. Kickstarter is used to develop games as well as market them.

Not in this case: the game was playable as a demo (with miniatures, counters and so on) in Modena Play 2013 here in Italy some days ago, here is a brief review (sorry, it's in italian) http://www.gioconauta.it/2013/04/galaxy-defenders-ambuuuush-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Luison
Italy
Camisano Vicentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have posted a brief review here

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/959634/sci-fi-movies-become-...

I hope will find it useful, sorry for my poor english: it's not an italian-english translantion of the article on Gioconauta, but if you have some questions, let me know.
Simone Romano and Nunzio Surace are hard-gamers and filled Galaxy Defenders with their experience on minis games.
They have playtested every single miniature, so any little addition to the game is a big addition to the gameplay.
For this reason, stretch goals are going out slowly, but after only 3 days there is a lot of stuff that you can't miss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are at work on the video now. The person who was supposed to do this video defaulted and Gremlin Project had to restart doing the job. But the launch date of the campaign was announced some time ago and we considered it was best to keep it.
There's still more than one month to the end of the KS, and before the end there will be a lot more info than now about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Good that they will be posting them at least.

As long as there's no information whatsoever it's hard to support it.

But it may still be hard with such insane pricing. Need to be totally amazing or be shipped from within the EU to become really interesting.

Posting videos with information before the Myth kickstarter ends / is on the last day would help to.

The VAT talk doesn't really help.

Not early birdstuff either.

120+49 USD = 169 USD.
+ 25% Swedish VAT = 211,25 USD.
The courier will likely charge 125 SEK for the customs administration = 19 USD more.
== Total of 230 USD.

Looks good but .. Would had to be pretty amazing and kinda replace all co-ops for that price and have lots of awesome campaign stuff =P.. and be the only game you need ever! ;/

If it would had shipped from say Germany and they could do free shipping from there as I guess the US people have and like 19% VAT that would had been 143 USD instead. Still expensive but 230 USD is 60% more!

(Alternatively just sell kick-starter (less) exclusives shipped form Germany and have people go buy it retail.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If all goes well, the first video might probably be out later today. The video is done and the voice-over is in progress.
EU costs. We know... the only part we can do something about are the shipping charges, and if the project builds up, we hope can improve them. For example, we just announced free shipping worldwide to backers who take the "Metal figures" option, with a new pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
If all goes well, the first video might probably be out later today. The video is done and the voice-over is in progress.
EU costs. We know... the only part we can do something about are the shipping charges, and if the project builds up, we hope can improve them. For example, we just announced free shipping worldwide to backers who take the "Metal figures" option, with a new pledge level.
There's no way you could distribute it from within the EU to?

Shipping cost is of course higher US to EU than EU to EU (but you'd have to split up how things was sent from wherever it was manufactured of course.)

Swedish VAT is added to goods AND transportation and the later one is major. With a possibly lower VAT from another EU country and especially no added VAT for the shipping cost (or rather, it would still have some VAT, but it would be so much cheaper shipping cost that it doesn't make much of a difference longer / it wouldn't add to the price I "see" so to speak.)

And finally I wouldn't have to pay the courier for handling the customs (I don't know if that's avoidable somehow. Usually you just get a slip and have to pay for it.)

I've liked the trend for many projects to ship from within EU to because it make them much more accessible. I still haven't supported anything on Kickstarter so this could be just seen as empty talk I guess but then again I don't think any project has looked as good as this may look / be. I don't know how it would be against say Myth, Sedition wars, Zombicide in the characters, progress and goals of play so far but I wouldn't be all surprised if it's deeper than say Zombicide? The Myth videos I find a little hard to follow. Guess production quality cards and showing them to the camera would help somewhat.

It's likely you get thousand+/thousands of backers, right?

If 1000 of these was from the EU would that make it worthwhile to consider? How many games fit in a container? Game boards looks awesome, components looks awesome, objective tokens is nice, campaigns may be awesome. Just need to know what kind of game it really is and preferably not pay more than necessary

Do you have a plan for a 500K+/1M+ release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Johan, if we see that we get around 1500 backers, organizing a second container shipping to Europe becomes possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Dear Johan, if we see that we get around 1500 backers, organizing a second container shipping to Europe becomes possible.
Thank you.

Looking at the current rate unless the gameplay video is shit I think you'll get 1500 backers =P

I guess that need / should be backers who buy the game to and not some lower level regardless it seem to be a very successful project / have a very successful start so I don't think it will be all that hard. Great news , and that make it so much more interesting =P (I don't know what the shipping cost + whatever countries VAT would end up with and whatever that's in the $49 range to or so, but it's still much better.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A short video is now up.

Update 11 @ http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/galaxy-defend...

or access directly at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ESQei...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gameplay vid looks great.

Does anyone know if there is a draft copy of the rules anywhere to look at while I watch the video and figure out more info on how to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.