Battles of Westeros» Forums » General

Subject: Any news from Days of Ice and Fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
So, 2013 edition is done. Any news regarding BoW? Or any Martin's related games? Has anyone attended, and has some interesting news to share?

JULIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only things I hear are (completely unsubstantiated / hearsay) that:
1. FFG will abandon BoW like BL
2. The contract with George RR Martin will expire, and the next editions will be cancelled because the George RR Martin camp will demand exorbitant
royalties
3. Greyjoy and Targaryen expansions are coming

...again, all complete rumor, but that's what I hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
SFRR wrote:
The only things I hear are (completely unsubstantiated / hearsay) that:
1. FFG will abandon BoW like BL
2. The contract with George RR Martin will expire, and the next editions will be cancelled because the George RR Martin camp will demand exorbitant
royalties
3. Greyjoy and Targaryen expansions are coming

So, it seems like they are finishing the major Houses before their license drop off, and then nothing more.

I really *hope* this are only rumors. Can't believe they abandon all Martin's lines, considering how many products they have, the convention just organized, the TV series going on (that theoretically will result in more people playing their games), how huge the LCG is now and so on.

Is there a place on the Geek to ask questions about conventions? Maybe we can have some "fresh" news over there.

Thanks for answering, Scott :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilden
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
SFRR wrote:

Who did you hear the rumors from? Was any source reliable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Anyway, I looked at Martin's website (here: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/category/news/licensor-news/ ) and there is nothing about withdrawing any license to FFG. So, let's hope it's only a rumor :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
They had no news on BoW at Days of Ice and Fire last year but then announced the next expansion very shortly afterwards, hopefully they do the same gain this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
FFG just poted a short report on the Ice & Fire weekend: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4089
They talk about next year's edition, so I guess everything's ok...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.