Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Hanly
Ireland
Chunga Empire
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules it states that the ancient ships leave the hive worlds/system and enter other systems.

Does this happen to the three ships in one turn or does one ship leave on each turn?
Do they all just scatter or does one remain behind to guard the hive world system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian White
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the rules (RotA p.7):

Each Wormhole on the Hive is marked with a die result from 1 to 6. At the end of the Cleanup Phase, roll one die for each Hive. If there is an explored hex on the side indicated by the roll result, move one Ancient Ship to that hex. The Ancient Ships have Wormhole Generators, so they can move through half a Wormhole.

Emphasis mine. So each turn, one ship may move to an adjacent hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Hanly
Ireland
Chunga Empire
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second part of my question.

Does the last ship remain in the sector to defend it like a normal ancient cruiser?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over several turns, it is possible that all the ancients move off the hive, leaving it for someone to plunder. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Hanly
Ireland
Chunga Empire
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Could try a nasty variant where all the ancients would move based on the orientation of the Hive World in play, even when they aren't on the Hive World tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojobacca wrote:
Could try a nasty variant where all the ancients would move based on the orientation of the Hive World in play, even when they aren't on the Hive World tile.

You know, I had the exact same thought when I last played the game. Much more badass that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Peacock
msg tools
What about using the Ancient cruisers from the expansion, instead of the regular ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.