Subject: Major citie spoke tip to spoke tip building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can´t I, in this cennario, "build track from any major city milepost" (Series Rules, page 3, paragraph 3)?

Why would I want to build from a spoke tip to spoke tip (and spend 5 M)? What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only build INTO a Major City twice on a turn. So if you needed to build a third time involving a Major City you would have to build OUT of the Major City at a cost of 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! For that reason.

Ok, I was affraid there was more in it.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
You can only build INTO a Major City twice on a turn. So if you needed to build a third time involving a Major City you would have to build OUT of the Major City at a cost of 5.

You've got it backwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game a LOT and have never found it necessary to build from city tip to city tip. But...that doesn't mean it doesn't have a use.

The game is a balancing act between cost and time. If you have the money, you might want to cut off that one extra movement to save time if you foresee using that path often during the game. I've done that in other places, saving myself annoying corners that I keep having to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
I've played this game a LOT and have never found it necessary to build from city tip to city tip. But...that doesn't mean it doesn't have a use.

The game is a balancing act between cost and time. If you have the money, you might want to cut off that one extra movement to save time if you foresee using that path often during the game. I've done that in other places, saving myself annoying corners that I keep having to take.

The question was made after reading the rulas (before playing).

Now that I´m playing a 4 player solo game, (to familiarize myself with the map, and names) I start to understand your point.

A very especific and, it seems, rare situation.

Thanks to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
MajorOracle wrote:

You've got it backwards.

Oops...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It costs 5M to build from spoke to spoke of a city because the cities are domed and that's building on top of the dome edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.