Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Things are progressing rapidly at this point. Freedom is heading to the Gathering to get a good final run through. And we are should have all of the Kickstarter ducks in a row by the end of the month. I will post here first when it goes live.

I wanted to feel out a pledge level we are considering for the KS campaign. I have an additional role that we are considering adding that the graphics have not been done for yet. Check out some of the other role designs in the gallery. They are fantastic!

I thought that having a single higher price point pledge to have that person's likeness used as the design for the role would be a great offer for someone.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the complexity level of this game? Are we talking a light family game? Easy like 1812 (though not obviously a war type game). Or a little more complex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it is solid a medium weight game. The actions are straight forward enough. The players resolve slave catcher movement, the group purchases tokens, then each player takes their actions (spend tokens, purchase an abolitionist card and use their role). Lastly, more slaves are added to the plantations and then some clean up.

The complexity comes from trying to manage everything as it crashes down around you. The board fills up and movement becomes a cat and mouse game between the players and the slave catchers. The pressure of more slaves coming in to the plantations. The scarcity of the tokens and the need to get over the hump and into the next period. The negative events that come up in the deck, but the need to work through the deck because the cards are vital in advancing the game (meaning players can't win by token alone). Deciding when to use the player powers & backup cards is vital too....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Higgs
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While I plan on this being my first game to kickstart, I'd rather have the bonus items, or higher priced kickstart to include an upgrade to the accessories. I am eagerly anticipating this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those will be there too. This would just be a special buy in for someone who is interested. Though tge role is not just for that person, but is included for everyone. That role would be available probably through a stretch, and someone would have the opportunity to have their likeness as the basis for the design. All of our stretch goals are adding content to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely a unique topic for a game. I am definitely going to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.