John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, that one has been sold and T&T doesn't show any more in stock. The only place I found it in stock (I didn't look terribly hard) is at an OLGS in Europe.

Having said that, I just sold one for $40 so "still around new & in shrink for less than 50$" still holds true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Supply and demand. Truth be told, I'd suggest folks just buy the Total Warfare book, a map pack, a lot of plastic mechs off of eBay, and just use Solaris Skunk Werks (google it) for record sheets. The intro rules are weak, not covering things like ammo and heat tracking and lots can be often found on eBay for plastic mechs from all the various box sets FASA/FanPro/CGL have released over the years. You might even find some plastic unseen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
SJBenoist wrote:
But that's my point, it's NOT supply & demand ... the supply is still there

You have to hunt a little, but I bought one this week.

What I'm curious to see is how often Catalyst Labs reprints. They've already done the Intro Set, the 25th Anv. Set, AND a reprint of the 25th Anv. Set.

I'd imagine they'll announce another reprint when it is truly "sold out"?

It IS sold out. Catalyst has no more and many distributors, if not all, are out. What's available is the few copies on store shelves. I know my FLGS can't get it from their distributors.

For the record, the reprint is already in process, but the fact that they're going through 3 different companies to produce various parts of the box set mucks things up a bit.

Oh, and last I heard, a Clan Intro Box Set is in the works as well, but who knows. Until it hits the store shelves, I don't count on anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new "improved" reprint is coming:

http://bg.battletech.com/?p=4970
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.