Subject: Ora and Labora? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris phillips
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After doing some research I picked this up,at a local store. After some scary reviews about pieces being printed wrong, missing pieces etc I was nervous since the back of the x said 2011 but as tradition I went through all the pieces and there all there plus all look great. Have the metal pins too and not plastic.

Thoughts on playing this game solo and with kids if it works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this yet, but you might find better luck searching and/or posting in the Ora et Labora game forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris phillips
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Ive read a lot there already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not a great game with kids. Solo would probably be good if you like playing "high score" type solo games.

The component issues were over-emphasized in many cases. I have the plastic pieces, and I couldn't care less about getting the metal ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved to Ora et Labora » Forums » General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris phillips
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, I like solo games when I have time. My daughter plays games such as KB,Munchkin, Zooloretto, TTR and tried Agricola once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sonerich wrote:
Thanks, I like solo games when I have time. My daughter plays games such as KB,Munchkin, Zooloretto, TTR and tried Agricola once

Ora is more difficult than any of those games, including Agricola. The decision tree is absolutely enormous. When your daughter hits the point where she is okay with Agricola, then she'll probably be okay with Ora.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.