Subject: NRA is done! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
NRA isn't done at all. They get tons of money from the firearms manufacturers, and as long as they keep bribing politicians to stop anything that might decrease sales, they will do just fine.

(There! Does that get us into RSP?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
?
Thank you for your concern, but there is in fact no problems with my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
NRA isn't done at all. They get tons of money from the firearms manufacturers, and as long as they keep bribing politicians to stop anything that might decrease sales, they will do just fine.

get?

how about shake down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexter Solen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lugubrious Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Balls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Done until the next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dowdy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:

This whole "The NRA is just a lobbying group of gun manufacturers" angle is a pathetic attempt to downplay grassroots support for gun rights. It makes about as much sense as trying to claim the only people who are in favor of gay marriage are the ones who own gay wedding chapels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
The gay wedding chapel - industrial complex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
You guys all realize this was just continuing the "MBA is Done / NBA is Done" meme from the front page, right? whistle

Weak meme. Sensitive topic. Are you surprised?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lugubrious Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
You guys all realize this was just continuing the "MBA is Done / NBA is Done" meme from the front page, right? whistle

Thanks, I had no idea. A shame. It appeared mayhem was brewing here, and I posted just to be part of a thread that got RSP'd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Corodon wrote:
This whole "The NRA is just a lobbying group of gun manufacturers" angle is a pathetic attempt to downplay grassroots support for gun rights. It makes about as much sense as trying to claim the only people who are in favor of gay marriage are the ones who own gay wedding chapels.
If an organization got more than half its money from gay wedding chapels, then I would assume that it was representing them in its actions. The NRA, as pointed out by banjo's link (and in many other places), does get more than half its money paid by gun manufacturers. If you don't think they do what the gun manufacturers want, you're being naïve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Corodon wrote:
wmshub wrote:

Let's look at that "grassroots support for gun rights": Ninety-one percent of Americans support universal background checks. Fifty-nine percent support an assault-weapons ban. Yeah, the NRA sure has a finger on America's pulse, all right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mb
wmshub wrote:

Guess we'll have to wait until more children die. Oh, well. blushsoblue

(There! Now'll go into RSP.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:

Missed the first two you mentioned. Glad you [had to] explain it to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Chit-Chat to RSP

Since you all asked so nicely. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dowdy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
Let's look at that grassroots support for gun rights: Ninety-one percent of Americans support universal background checks. Fifty-nine percent support an assault-weapons ban. Yeah, the NRA sure has a finger on America's pulse, all right.

Yes, and to continue my previous analogy, a gay marriage ban passed with over 50% support even in America's most liberal state. Does this mean there is no grassroots support in America for gay rights? Of course not. You can still have grassroots support in the form of millions of people struggling against a tyranny of the majority. As an individual who is passionate about gun rights, I get sick of this "no, you don't exist, all support for the Second Amendment is just corporate lobbying". Perhaps it makes anti-gun types feel better about themselves to pretend they are just opposing an industry organization rather than one that is also a civil liberties organization working to protect Constitutional rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
The gay wedding chapel - industrial complex?

Vegas is built upon it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall never understand why so many people in the RSP forums see things in only black or white.

The NRA does spend a lot of money on lobbying. It is part of politics. All groups do it. Even the strongly liberal ones. Get over it.

The NRA gets the bulk of their money from normal people who donate to the NRA in support of their right to bare arms. Not just from gun manufacturers. Get over it.

The simple fact is that more people in America want to preserve the right to own firearms then people who want to take that right away. Get over it.

It came to a vote.

You lost.

Let it go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
90% of Americans support universal background checks.

Get over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

zombie

My guess is that this video is meant to make Romney/gun owners look dumb.

But....................

This is actually from HUGE LIBERAL CNN!

Romney obviously has no idea what effects are being put on the screen so I fail to see how this makes him look bad.

CNN looks like a bunch of retards as usual.

But I think the real dumb ones here are the people who fall for this crap and think this somehow has reflects badly on Romney.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

Get over it.

I believe that you believe what liberal media tells you.

Liberal media tells you that 90% of American support universal background checks.

You believe that without question like a mindless slave.

Yet you fail to see a vote for just that failed in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Why?

Because the Senators know that "fact" is totally wrong and they want to save their butt and get re-elected next year.

Lesson = do not believe liberal media.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Corodon wrote:
Yes, and to continue my previous analogy, a gay marriage ban passed with over 50% support even in America's most liberal state. Does this mean there is no grassroots support in America for gay rights?

You had to go back five years for that. How are those gay marriage bans working out now? A majority in this country supports the right for same sex couples to marry and that shows in the current laws that are being passed and the politicians that are publicly supporting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
"Liberal Media" is a myth.

That's not what his wingnut conservative media keeps telling him! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
Rygel wrote:
frumpish wrote:

Get over it.

I believe that you believe what liberal media tells you.

Liberal media tells you that 90% of American support universal background checks.

You believe that without question like a mindless slave.

Yet you fail to see a vote for just that failed in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Why?

Because the Senators know that "fact" is totally wrong and they want to save their butt and get re-elected next year.

Lesson = do not believe liberal media.

"Liberal Media" is a myth.

If you are correct, and I am wrong, then you will be able to easily tell me why all four gun control votes failed in the Democrat controlled Senate.

So why did strong liberal Democrats vote against gun control measures?

And don't give the lame-stream media "NRA gun lobby" answer that actually answers nothing and just tries to pass blame off.

I am looking for a real, honest answer.

That should be easy for you.

GO............

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.