Subject: Best Jinteki and Shaper decks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi guys. hard to sort through all the listings of regionals champs decks and things, but seems mostly people like scorching and HB or Weyland tag and scorch and stuff like that.

Anyway have any good Jinteki and shaper decks? I hope the game is not already so unbalanced that only certain factions can win all the time. Im a recent convert and like the idea of setting traps, as well as the versatility of Shaper.

Darren
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is definitely not "so unbalanced that only certain factions can win all the time". I think all win rates are roughly within a factor of 2 of one another.

There are very good shaper decks, especially at the beginner / intermediate level. At the advanced level, the current meta favors fast-advance corp decks, which are the Achilles heel of Shaper whose classical strength is a big rig lategame.

While there are good decks and bad decks, there is no such thing as best deck. Player A can have better win rate with deck 1 than deck 2 while player B can be the opposite, depending on skill and playstyle. This is a very strong effect.

With that in mind, I think a very good shaper deck for beginners is the one below, which basically plays itself. (The original is based on a core set, but there have been updates downthread): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/880792/kate-brute-force-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/939900/jinteki-tower-of-doom

EDIT: I don't know if this is actually good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would also love a good virus deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this, and i'm currently doing well with this:-

I feel it could still have some ice tweeks..maybe agenda tweeks
its been though the mill on octgn and i think it does well.

i played a variant with to many low agendas at a tourny but ended up with all agenda hands, this deck list one so far seem better,

I does aim to kill but also score agendas to make the runner then panic and make mistakes,

online i've not played many people with reveal cards. so thats a real boon,

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrun...

Identity:
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (49)
Agenda (10)
Private Security Force (Core #107) x2
Nisei MK II (Core #68) x1
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead #14) x2
Fetal AI (Trace Amount #32) x3
Priority Requisition (Core #106) x1
False Lead (A Study in Static #80) x1

swapped out nisei .. though good..i found private security was useful for the tag from snare.. for next turn kill..
i like leaving my braintrusts hanging around at 4 credits pretending to be june bugs,.. scoring them quick if needed or being gutsy and leaving them out
also the priority req. for the uboros or wall of thorns, and that fact its 3 points allowed me to drop an agenda card.. highly considering trying to drop false lead and another 2 pointer..

Asset (13)
Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus #55) x1 ■
Project Junebug (Core #69) x3
Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus #59) x1
PAD Campaign (Core #109) x3
Melange Mining Corp (Core #108) x2
Snare! (Core #70) x3

ICE (19)
Uroboros (A Study in Static #74) x3 ■■
Viktor 1.0 (Core #63) x3 ■■
Viper (Cyber Exodus #52) x1 ■
Neural Katana (Core #77) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core #78) x3
Snowflake (What Lies Ahead #15) x2
Chimera (Cyber Exodus #60) x1
Enigma (Core #111) x2
Wall of Static (Core #113) x1

damaging ice on main servers maybe a barrier but mainly barriers for remotes.. snows and chimera, possible katana on remote for snares and fetals.. but you need damage on the main servers as they can encoutner the 1st ice and jack out

Operation (7)
Precognition (Core #73) x3
Neural EMP (Core #72) x1
Hedge Fund (Core #110) x3

Upgrade (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 7
Jinteki: 33
NBN: 7
The Weyland Consortium: 0

my runners Gab but i think i play him to much like a sharper..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tandoori Chicken
msg tools
Milarky wrote:

swapped out nisei .. though good..i found private security was useful for the tag from snare.. for next turn kill..

The Snare/PSF kill requires that runner run on last click, generally not a good idea in the first place. It requires that they hit a Snare, not necessarily a high-probability event. It also requires that you have a scored PSF. Can't imagine this concatenation of circumstances occurs too often.

On the other hand, Nisei's ability can literally swing the result of an entire game.

I cannot think of any reason to ever run less than 3 Nisei's. It is definitely one of the top 5 agendas in the game, and certainly the best available to Jinteki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
I've been running both Shaper and Jinteki. I'm not sure Jinteki is there yet, but Hosukai Grid is going to be a big help I think. Shaper is definately good but I think Criminal is better. Here are my lists:

Chaos Theory (40)

Ice Breaking:
2 Femme Fatal (2)
1 Mimic (1)
2 Corroder (4)
2 Yog.0 (2)
2 Datasucker (2)
2 The Personal Touch
3 Dinosaurus

Economy:
3 Magnum Opus
3 Modded
3 Sure Gamble
3 Personal Workshop

Redundancy:
3 Test Run
2 Special Order (4)
3 Diesel

Aggression:
3 Tinkering
3 Maker's Eye

A few notes:
1.No Stimhack- I was getting frustrated with Stimhack since it really didn't do much for me when I didn't have workshop. And while that combo is insane when it works, I've found that I prefer the more reliable Sure Gamble over all since it gives you a lot more game when you can't find MO or Test Run. Also Workshop is pretty dumb good on its own too, so not too many worries about that losing relevance. Cutting Stimhack also freed up influence so I could use...

2. Anarch Breaking Suite + Femmes- I'm pretty sure that you can't get any better than these. They make much better test Run targets than their Shaper counterparts, they are cheap, and they are strong. Stuff like Dino and Personal touch helps them break through the tough ICE. Datasucker is a beast and I wish I could run 3 even though I only ever have enough room on my rig for 1. Getting one is just that good. The ratio of 3 Dinos to 2 Personal touch is to make sure I have that extra memory slot for the Sucker. Yog is great since putting him on a dino makes Tinkering better than Inside Job. Corroder is infinity times better than Snowball. Femme is the best shaper card in the game as far as I can tell. You could consider cutting the one mimic for another femme for instance, but having reletively easy access to a cheap Sentry killer can be a life saver some times and more than makes up for 1 less femme in my mind. Mimic can also break anything as cheaply as femme with some help from Data Sucker/ Dino/ TPT

3. No Ninja. That card is bad. Well no, he's good at fighting Coroprate trouble shooter, but then so is a femme on perosnal workshop. Basically, whem breaking any non- RT sentry he's just too expensive on his own. Despite having MO to power your econ, Shaper works best when you run for cheap, so you have lots of money to make big plays like test running femme followed up by playing that Femme next turn. Also, wtf, 2 influence? When Femme is 1? On to Jinteki!

Jinteki: Personal Evolution (49)
Agendas: 11 (20 Points)
3 Fetal AI
3 Braintrust
3 Private Security Force
2 False Lead

ICE: 17
3 Pop-up Window (3)
3 Shadow (3)
3 Neural Katana
2 Wall of Thorns
3 Wall of Static
3 Chimera

Economy:
3 Hedge Fund
3 Green Level Clearence (3)
2 Private Contracts

Traps:
3 Snare
2 Project Junebug

Other OPS:
3 Neural EMP
3 Anonymous Tip (3)
1 Trick of Light
1 Archive Memories (2)

This deck is about flatlining the running or making him slow down so much that you threaten to win with agendas...then you usually flatline him after he starts making do or die runs. I run a lot of card draw because the deck really wants to get multiple Nueral EMPS into hand fast so that they can kill unsuspecting runers. Tips and GLC also help out a lot with the low ICE count. This deck is actually surprisingly rich since most of my ICE is very cheap and I don't nessisarily rez it every time. Pop Up goes right over R&D or HQ (depending on whether or not they are Running account siphon). Basically, you make one hard and one soft, which just starts bringing in the money if you get multiples.

Snares should stay in hand most of the time I think (unless the runner is steadfastly running every remote) and they are mostly there to make random accesses painful. Fetal AI is your best friend. I play all my cards as if the are Fetal AIs. Presumably it's also great as ToL fuel, since they may see the counters coming off it and assume it's a June Bug. ToL is a new addition though so I haven't gotten to test it much.

There's no Nisei in here for 3 reasons. 1. Stoping the run doesn't do that much since my ICE is pretty scanty. That is to say, the cost of running my ICE is not what is stopping them from running, fear of net damage is. 2. PSF makes the runner care about tags and forces to slow them down more and maybe even potentially kill them, and 3. False lead is easier to score, has a relevant ability for flatlining, and is basically a mini snare that only gives them one point. However, if I really need to add something I could cut 2 False leads for 1 Nisei and open up a slot.

Right now I'm one influence short becuase it's in flux. If the rest of the list stays the same then I'll just swap out a WoS for an ICE wall, but I'm also considering cutting Archive Memories for a single Janus. Again, the deck is surprisingly rich, and 15 is definately number it can reach. It might have trouble doing it again, but rezzing a Janus unexpectely should mean game over 95% of the time.

As I said, this deck probably gets a lot better with Hosukai Grid (though I don't know what comes out yet). Ronin is also a card I want to see printed asap just because it makes the runner way more scared of not running (though I'd probably only play one, since it's a pretty huge investment).

I like this deck a lot because it makes the runner play in a very different way. Everyone has to move slow against you and since hate for this deck is pretty rare, they are still in danger even when they are playing it safe.

Pro tip: When playing this deck and you're not sure whether to play a trap or an agenda, roll a dice and decide that way. Or just roll a dice and do what you were planning to do anyway. That'll freak the runner out.

Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tandoori Chicken
msg tools
Looks like a solid PE list. How often do you actually deal damage with PSF? I would still advocate for Nisei. It's good insurance against a runner's lucky guess. Using it in place of False Leads would also let you fit in another Trick of Light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
TandooriChicken wrote:
Looks like a solid PE list. How often do you actually deal damage with PSF? I would still advocate for Nisei. It's good insurance against a runner's lucky guess. Using it in place of False Leads would also let you fit in another Trick of Light.

I've only ever won with it once, and honestly it was definately a mistake on the runner's part. What it really does is force them to remove a tag instead of drawing a card that could saved them from my Neural EMPS. In essence it makes Snare do 4 damage rather than 3 since most people spend their time after they run drawing up, which I think is definately worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TandooriChicken wrote:
Milarky wrote:

The Snare/PSF kill requires that runner run on last click, generally not a good idea in the first place. It requires that they hit a Snare, not necessarily a high-probability event. It also requires that you have a scored PSF. Can't imagine this concatenation of circumstances occurs too often.

On the other hand, Nisei's ability can literally swing the result of an entire game.

I cannot think of any reason to ever run less than 3 Nisei's. It is definitely one of the top 5 agendas in the game, and certainly the best available to Jinteki.

Nisei is a pretty interesting topic by itself, I run a similar list to what Milarky suggested (but in personal evolution and a even stronger focus on damage for the ICE). Jinteki tends to be really tight on space and influence and not running PSF forces you to either give up tag punishment entirely or run something OOF.

My deck which works quite well in my meta with lots and lots of Gabe:

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Agenda: (11)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
False Lead (A Study in Static) x2
Private Security Force (Core) x3

Asset: (9)
Edge of World (Cyber Exodus) x2
Snare! (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x2
Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus) x2

ICE: (18)
Chum (Core) x3
Data Mine (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core) x3
Ichi 1.0 (Core) x2 ■■
Rototurret (Core) x2 ■
Viktor 1.0 (Core) x2 ■■

Operation: (9)
Neural EMP (Core) x3
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) x3 ■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (2)
Corporate Troubleshooter (Core) x2 ■

Haas-Bioroid: 15
Jinteki: 34
NBN: 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
Ilza wrote:
TandooriChicken wrote:
Milarky wrote:

Nisei is a pretty interesting topic by itself, I run a similar list to what Milarky suggested (but in personal evolution and a even stronger focus on damage for the ICE). Jinteki tends to be really tight on space and influence and not running PSF forces you to either give up tag punishment entirely or run something OOF.

My deck whick works quite well in my meta with lots and lots of Gabe:

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Agenda: (11)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
False Lead (A Study in Static) x2
Private Security Force (Core) x3

Asset: (9)
Edge of World (Cyber Exodus) x2
Snare! (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x2
Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus) x2

ICE: (18)
Chum (Core) x3
Data Mine (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core) x3
Ichi 1.0 (Core) x2 ■■
Rototurret (Core) x2 ■
Viktor 1.0 (Core) x2 ■■

Operation: (9)
Neural EMP (Core) x3
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) x3 ■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (2)
Corporate Troubleshooter (Core) x2 ■

Haas-Bioroid: 15
Jinteki: 34
NBN: 0

This seems like a pretty good take on the deck. I feel like I would miss the Anonymous Tips and Pop-up Windows but I would happily take the extra brain damage. How good do you feel Edge of the word is in this deck? I tried it out in mine but I never felt like I wanted to stack 2 or more ICE on a remote so I changed it back into Junebugs which could represent a PSF or just an adgenda that I'm slow advancing so I can get the PE net damage off with some Neural EMPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tandoori Chicken
msg tools
You can always punish tags by destroying resources. I can see how a scored PSF might encourage a runner to remove a tag instead of drawing up, but honestly if you are playing against Jinteki PE you draw up before making your run(s) regardless. I play mostly Criminal or Noise, and either way my approach against PE is just to pressure the central servers (particularly R&D) until I find the Snares. It's a great card, don't get me wrong, but there are only three of them, so the most I can lose is 9 cards, 6 credits, and three clicks, 3, 2, and 1 at a time respectively. Thus, to run, I would like to be at 6 cards, 2 credits, and 1 click minimum. This is not difficult to achieve. As long as I ensure these preconditions are met prior to running, I need never fear PSF. Never even need to think about it.

On the other hand, there is no run I can make that will be "safe" from Nisei. Every calculation must be made with the knowledge that any investment could have *zero* return. My big R&D dig? Nisei'd. Noise Archives glory run? Nisei'd. Need one more turn to score that last Fetal? Nisei. The great thing about Nisei is it is the complete opposite of situational. Its potential effect is like a miasma clinging to the Runner's every calculation. There is no simple "If I have this I don't need to worry about Nisei" formula the way there is for the snare + PSF combo.

Nisei x3, Fetal AI x3, Braintrust x3, [PSF x1 or False Lead x2]. Test it out and let me know if I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jediloser wrote:

This seems like a pretty good take on the deck. I feel like I would miss the Anonymous Tips and Pop-up Windows but I would happily take the extra brain damage. How good do you feel Edge of the word is in this deck? I tried it out in mine but I never felt like I wanted to stack 2 or more ICE on a remote so I changed it back into Junebugs which could represent a PSF or just an adgenda that I'm slow advancing so I can get the PE net damage off with some Neural EMPS.

You can easily swap anonymous tip for green level clearence if you prefer those. Edge is not great, but even one point of braindamage is alot when they walk into a snare or Fetal AI. As for pop-up it can probably replace rototurret and one of the troubleshooters (I'm not as fond of it as most others seems to be). Hokusai Grid will go directly into the deck when it's released probably replacing the pads and a edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nisei MK II is awesome and should be in every Jinteki deck right now. It is seriously good.

Private Security Force is also good, but mainly because it is a 2 point agenda. This means you can run all 2 point agendas, which is basically the only way to force more blind accesses by the runner.

With False Leads you lose what I consider the main benefit of PSF. In that case PSF is useful in combination with Snare! and Ichi. I think this is a bad idea because often the runner will simply clear the tag from Snare! or beat the trace on Ichi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.