4 Posts

D-Day Dice» Forums » General

Subject: WWI Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dexter Solen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, if this has already been posted, discussed or shotdown, then excuse me--but why not a WWI edition of the D-Day system? I think the system lends itself well to trenches, dugouts, barb wire, gas attacks, machine gun fire, etc. Besides there are very few tactical WWI games and surprisingly few operational and strategic (compared to its successor--WWII). So, why not D-Day Trench Warfare?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Vaughn
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
They have talked a lot about additional WW2 theatres, but haven't heard anything about WW1. But, I think that would be an AWESOME idea! And, I wonder if Vietnam (jungle/trails/tunnels/patrols/firebases) might be an interesting fit also. Beyond that, since we are in the midst of the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War, what about a "special edition" featuring some ACW missions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter, that's a fantastic idea for D-Day Dice!
If your idea never sees fruition and you need your push-your-luck dice game involving WWI, don't give up hope!
Victory Point Games has a solitaire game series titled, 'Death or Glory' which takes a push-your-luck with dice approach and applies it to famous, but doomed historical battles.
So far, there's only one title in the series, In Magnificent Style/Pickett's Charge, but next up in the release schedule is Battle of the Somme.
It's tentatively titled, 'In Magnificent Valor' and is by Duncan Rice.
It was mentioned in the VPG news, but sadly, I can't reference the page.

I'm eagerly awaiting this release.
It may just satisfy your itch for WWI dice-driven fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Solo wrote:
Okay, if this has already been posted, discussed or shotdown, then excuse me--but why not a WWI edition of the D-Day system? I think the system lends itself well to trenches, dugouts, barb wire, gas attacks, machine gun fire, etc. Besides there are very few tactical WWI games and surprisingly few operational and strategic (compared to its successor--WWII). So, why not D-Day Trench Warfare?

A WWI re-theme has been discussed with my publisher about 2 years ago. Since we will be commemorating the 100th birthday of the start of WWI next year, I would say that it is possible that you will see some form of WWI version of DDD in the next four years...

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.