4 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: what paint to buy... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really like the color of the action dice, and would like the pieces to be the same. Has anyone done this already (if so, pictures please!)?

I don't know anything about painting miniatures, so where would I start?

I just don't like the mismatch between the action dice and the figures and think the action dice are super cool looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blondlostime wrote:
I really like the color of the action dice, and would like the pieces to be the same. Has anyone done this already (if so, pictures please!)?

I don't know anything about painting miniatures, so where would I start?

I just don't like the mismatch between the action dice and the figures and think the action dice are super cool looking.

I started by getting the army painter starter set and the citadel black primer.

I just finished painting mine 2 days ago. Still new to painting miniatures and took this as my first 'project'. Yeah.. i took a dive into the deep end of the pool. Will upload images soon.

For me, my initial intention was to just get 5 different colour spray paints and spray the the different factions a standard color. The guys at my gamestore gave me and my wife a quick tutorial on painting miniatures. I decided to try it instead of taking the easy way out.

I have to tell you though, its gonna take awhile. I took around 6 weeks with an average of 3-4 hours a day finishing up all the miniatures. Please keep in mind I am new and have not much artistic talent- so there are definitely others out there who did a better job in a way shorter time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your thinking about getting started in miniature painting, there is a wealth of info in the web. Between google searches and YouTube you can get started with some pretty nice results in no time. Two of my favorites on YouTube are GirlPainting and WarbossTae.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To be honest, I think the idea of fully painted figures is really awesome, and I would love to do that, but I won't have that kind of time.

I just want to paint them one solid color and wanted to know if anyone knew the action dice color name in a specific kind of paint.

(I want to make the red guys the same metallic red of the action dice and the blue guys the same metallic blue of the FP action dice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.