Subject: Kickstarter version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dix Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS page for Napoleon stated:

"IMPORTANT: most upgrades are for the Kickstarter version only. Copies of the game produced for later sale will not have the deluxe mounted map, signed rules, or extra dice."

When perusing Columbia's page for the game I noticed:

"Preorder Napoleon

A new 4th edition, funded by KICKSTARTER, will be ship on June 15th 2013.

This PREORDER edition is the same as the Kickstarter version except it will not be signed and it has a higher cost plus postage."

Are all subsequent copies of the game for later sale/preorder going to have the mounted map, wooden dice, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Naught
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have no special insight into Columbia's plans, but they seem fairly clear to me from what Columbia has already stated: the preorder version will be the same as the Kickstarter version (mounted map, deluxe dice, battle markers) but without the signed rules. The subsequent copies sold through regular channels will not have the mounted map or deluxe dice (though they will include the markers according to the description of that stretch goal on the Kickstarter page). Perhaps Columbia will also continue to sell the Kickstarter/preorder version as a "Deluxe" version, as they did with Borodino, but that is just speculation and probably depends on how much extra stock they have after the Kickstarter/preorder phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the deluxe 4th edition available on our main website for pre-order in case that helps.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
Director of Operations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dix Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Thanks for responding.

I guess there will be the Kickstarter Version (sans signature) available at retail/preorder until those sell out. Then subsequent editions will not have the mounted board.

I think there were some who thought the mounted board would only be available via kickstarter, perhaps excepting those copies bought by merchants via KS.

This sounds like good news for those in Europe expressing disappointment regarding high shipping and missing out on the mounted board.

Actually, I quite liked the tight KS campaign Columbia ran. It will be refreshing to get a game in timely fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Columbia now are typically offering a normal version ie cardboard map etc and deluxe version, ie mounted map, with thieir game releases now, so I presume they will have the same here, kickstarter one that you have now missed the preorder one which will become the deluxe version once production is run, and the standard release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.