Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear AIYP supporters,

As you all well know, I am a bit behind in my AIYP schedule. But do not despair: I'm working on it as I write this (it's a good thing I have 2 hands).

First, for the few who actually doubt the game will ever get published, let me reassure you: AIYP will come out this year, and the game will be fun and good-looking. We are working hard on it, playtesting the new bits and tweaking the old stuff. This is a labor of love, and we want to deliver the best possible game.

Second, starting next weekend, we will add a little "Sorry I'm late!" bonus to all our KS supporters. Every week I'm late will mean you guys will receive a little extra. Might be an Item, a Special Op, or something else.

I will post the first "Sorry I'm late!" bonus in a few days. It's a Special Op, fittingly called... "The Latecomer".

Talk to you in a bit!

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
Dear AIYP supporters,

As you all well know, I am a bit behind in my AIYP schedule. But do not despair: I'm working on it as I write this (it's a good thing I have 2 hands).

First, for the few who actually doubt the game will ever get published, let me reassure you: AIYP will come out this year, and the game will be fun and good-looking. We are working hard on it, playtesting the new bits and tweaking the old stuff. This is a labor of love, and we want to deliver the best possible game.

Second, starting next weekend, we will add a little "Sorry I'm late!" bonus to all our KS supporters. Every week I'm late will mean you guys will receive a little extra. Might be an Item, a Special Op, or something else.

I will post the first "Sorry I'm late!" bonus in a few days. It's a Special Op, fittingly called... "The Latecomer".

Talk to you in a bit!

E

Hey Emmanuel!

Glad to hear you are getting back in the thick of things Just one question, when you mean every week you are late, to which date do we compare this to? (Not that i want it to be late to get some freebies... whistle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gregory
Australia
Mount Nelson
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fargy wrote:
Amiral wrote:
Dear AIYP supporters,

Talk to you in a bit!

E

Hey Emmanuel!

Glad to hear you are getting back in the thick of things Just one question, when you mean every week you are late, to which date do we compare this to? (Not that i want it to be late to get some freebies... whistle)

I'm assuming it's going from 'starting next weekend', so every week after that date (27th-28th April)?

Fantastic to hear from you Emmanuel, here's to hoping you don't have to give away too many extra bonuses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a bad feeling about this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Yeah, I kind of do as well. Adding work to a project that is already behind tends to help get farther behind. Adding work based on being behind would seem to be an exercise in disaster.

This backer does not want the project to fail.

Life sometimes interferes with fun, that happens. Hopefully most of us realize that and forgive the lateness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Ah, what would BGG be without posts like these.

It's not as if I'm adding more stuff to do on my list. These little gifts are just that, "little". Some are things that I had lying around, some are ideas I'm having as I work on the game (designing 1 single card sometimes takes less than 5 minutes).

Now, you can have a bad feeling if you want, I can't do anything about it. Whatever your opinion is, good or bad, you'll receive these little gifts along with the rest of your game. The gifts won't make the game more late, if that's what you're afraid of.

And I make these because I want to, not because I feel obligated to.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what this is worth, I believe that AiyP will get released. It is the publication that may be in doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
For what this is worth, I believe that AiyP will get released. It is the publication that may be in doubt.

Then the only way some will be convinced is when they have the product in their hands. I think that's fair. So give me, and Radiant, the chance to prove everybody wrong.

But in a few months, you can count on me for posting an "I told you so" thread in this very forum .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want you to get that chance.

If you do not get that chance I hope you are not held responsible for what may be a problem well outside your control.

If you do not get the chance and it IS your fault I will be very surprised.

Remember that not very many people actually know what is going on. What little evidence we have seen has not looked good. Hindsight is always 20-20 unless some evidence is sealed by the courts. There are also, occasionally, erased tapes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
martimer wrote:

Then the only way some will be convinced is when they have the product in their hands. I think that's fair. So give me, and Radiant, the chance to prove everybody wrong.

But in a few months, you can count on me for posting an "I told you so" thread in this very forum .

I very much look forward to the "I told you so" thread...long as not one claims "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky, I never told anyone to lie..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
So give me, and Radiant, the chance to prove everybody wrong.

You got it. I've never doubted it myself.

Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Emmanuel for your posts and for the extra generosity.
I'm still very excited about this project
Hang in there and I look forward to the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Bowlby
Canada
Melville
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering what the next product is for D-Day Dice, and when I can expect my four free copies. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Uninvited Ghost wrote:
I'm wondering what the next product is for D-Day Dice, and when I can expect my four free copies. Thanks!

While this belongs to the DDD forums, I can tell you that we plan on launching the next DDD campaign once everyone has their AIYP copies (and their Up Front, as well). My hope is that the DDD KS will take place in October-November, and of course, all the Line-for-Lifers will receive the new DDD expansions free of charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shockey
United States
Arbutus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistleI would like to read the book I'm going to get, though...are these available yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious if the promise of new items each week will see any fruition, and if so, how many we are up to at this point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
martimer wrote:

Not to be a huge jerk, but..."I told you so" doesn't appear to be panning out.

Of course, we all realize this has nothing to do with you, you're just covering for your bosses who have their money tied up in court. But, still, it sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
I'm just curious if the promise of new items each week will see any fruition, and if so, how many we are up to at this point?

Although I've lost count along the way, about 30 cards were added to the game (about half of them in the KickStarter Pack, the rest were added to various expansions).

Now that we are doing final edits, I'm not adding anything more, obviously. Yes, we are late. We wanted to be finished sooner, especially since September was a very busy month work-wise for many of us (which made everything move slower). Luckily, we have some new people on-board to help with various little things.

We sure won't win any punctuality contest, but the game is shaping up pretty nicely. Some of the samples I've seen are pretty awesome: AIYP will have a very nice finish (think D-Day Dice quality).

That's pretty much all I have to say right now...

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope the lawsuit situation gets resolved and both AiyP DDD get released (including all the expansion material). I feel pretty bad for you, Emmanuel, getting caught up in some pretty awful madness beyond your control. I know I will feel really bad for you if no further progress is made and the games get "abandoned".

None of us on the "outside" know how things will turn out. I hope that if the "big one" drops and VRE goes under that you at least get the rights back. I hope even more fervently that something positive will happen and publication does happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:

...First, for the few who actually doubt the game will ever get published, let me reassure you: AIYP will come out this year, and the game will be fun and good-looking.

It is now 2014, never got my copy...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
badge
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
Amiral wrote:

First, for the few who actually doubt the game will ever get published, let me reassure you: AIYP will come out this year, and the game will be fun and good-looking.

E

It is now 2014, never got my copy...whistle

Damn you! I thought this thread were new, 2014, so my hopes were heightened a bit, until I read your comment and went to see the dates of the other comments shake Oh well.. Back to "Damn you, Radiant..!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
We sure won't win any punctuality contest, but the game is shaping up pretty nicely. Some of the samples I've seen are pretty awesome: AIYP will have a very nice finish (think D-Day Dice quality).
So, status update?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is just my guess, but I doubt we will hear much until Up Front is ready to go to print, and probably not until it is set to go to print. Up Front is still "at the art department" stage, so we have a while to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
It is just my guess, but I doubt we will hear much until Up Front is ready to go to print, and probably not until it is set to go to print. Up Front is still "at the art department" stage, so we have a while to wait.
Is "at the art department" in quotes because it's a euphemism for "tied up in legal proceedings"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little of each. Art is being produced and there is a lot of money tied up in court.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.