3 Posts

Pixel Tactics 2» Forums » General

Subject: What Will This Contain? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it will have some new characters but is there a paper mat or anything that comes with the second one that didn't come with the first?

Also how would you compare the complexity to Summoner Wars? It seems like this game has a higher learning curve. I initially was looking at BattleCon but this game seems like it would get played more, is cheaper, and is extremely portable.

Will this game be available online? The only place to get the first one is directly from their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can preorder it from their site. If you're asking whether it will be available at other online stores, I don't know.

You don't get a paper mat and don't need one. It is not a problem at all to play without one. You do need dice or tokens to mark damage though. The first one came with these only if you bought it as part of the minigame library, not if bought separately. It's possible this one comes with them and I haven't heard about it, but I doubt it since there would be no room in the box.

I would say Summoner Wars is probably a little simpler to understand, but not much. They are on the same level of rules complexity, which is low. There is more to read on Pixel Tactics cards, which may be initially overwhelming to some.

It is definitely more portable than Battlecon, but the original Battlecon is in a fairly small box itself. I find Battlecon more fun but enjoy both, as has everyone I've shown both to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second installment of the critically-acclaimed tactical card game comes with 2 decks of 25 new hero classes each. New leaders provide a distinctly different flavor and feel from the original.

With Pixel Tactics 2 and Pixel Tactics 1 together, you can play Draft, Constructed, Epic, and 2v2 Team variants!

Pixel Tactics 2 also comes with a fold-out paper play mat (with game rules on the reverse) and tokens to keep track of damage.

... straight from the website
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.