Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been searching for the threads/news/announcements where Wallace talked about having a multi-player game that utilized deck building in a manner similar to AFAoS. After reading the rules for A Study in Emerald, I believe this has to be it.

I loved the few plays of AFAoS that I got in before everyone around me refused to play it. A Study in Emerald just went from meh to YES!

If anyone can find the threads I am remembering, please post links.

EDIT:

Nevermind...That game is apparently called Mythotopia, but it will share some common elements with A Study in Emerald.

Carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that his multiplayer Few Acres game was Mythotopia. Not disappointed to see another game in the same mold though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
If this fixes a major flaw and adds more people, I'm all for it. Those were the two things about aFAoS that kept it off my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythotopia is a name that Martin has used in the past to call prototypes before getting a real name (like some authors use "Work in Progress" as a title). Although I can't deny that there is a real possibility that a Snow-like game called Mythotopia will be released, I'm more included to believe that Emerald is it or another game with a "real" fantasy name will be released later.

Edit:
Frog1 has said that Mythotopia is in Asmodée's hands now.

In the works??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.