Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone who has played the prototypes has also played Tikal (or I suppose Tikal II) and could comment on how the two compare? It seems on the face of it somewhat similar, obviously thematically but also somewhat technically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! *Relic Expedition* plays in 30-45 minutes with two players, +15 minutes per player. You have one explorer that you move through the jungle. You get a small number of action points each turn (2-4), and you have two choices with those actions: moving to a new space or drawing a supply item. The objective is to collect four matching treasures, not amass as many treasures as possible for points. There's no scoring as you go: it's a race to meet that objective and fly away from the jungle.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the pack management, which IIRC Tikal does not have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
There's also the pack management, which IIRC Tikal does not have.

That's why talking to Randy I too 1st thought Tikal, then when he mentioned rivers and the way the play area grows it sounds bit more like

Lost Valley

Though R.E. sounds a little lighter and plays a bit quicker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.