Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Symington
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you build a train depot on a partial hex, or on a link that runs off the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No

Depots can only be built on tracks between two cities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick R
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

Can you cite your reasoning? The rulebook only states:

"Take the depot from your supply and place it on any railway space that doesn't already have a depot on it." (Publisher's emphasis, not mine)

So it seems that the rail lines that run off of the board are still okay, since they still consist of railway spaces and no other limitations are stated.

As for the partial hexes, I would point out that a depot on a partial hex is nearly useless, since the rules are clear about the fact that your airship cannot end its movement there. And if you're only building the depot for the points, then there are probably lots of other legal placement options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Pope wrote:
MunchWolf wrote:

Can you cite your reasoning? The rulebook only states:

"Take the depot from your supply and place it on any railway space that doesn't already have a depot on it." (Publisher's emphasis, not mine)

So it seems that the rail lines that run off of the board are still okay, since they still consist of railway spaces and no other limitations are stated.

As for the partial hexes, I would point out that a depot on a partial hex is nearly useless, since the rules are clear about the fact that your airship cannot end its movement there. And if you're only building the depot for the points, then there are probably lots of other legal placement options.

No depots on lines to nowhere. The designer has stated it here:

Depots on "Links" to Nowhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick R
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:

No depots on lines to nowhere. The designer has stated it here:

Depots on "Links" to Nowhere?

Good to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.