6 Posts

Würfelwurst» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can anyone explain the rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider getting this, but can anyone explain the rules a bit more precise than they are stated in the abstract.

Also, do you think there is anything to the game (like meaningful descisions) or is it so light that it is mostly about rolling and seeing what you get.

For a poit of reference I think very much that King of Tokyo has meaningful descisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
The rules are here on bgg.

I've only played the game once, but its very light, not many decisions, but actually fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Alkemper
Germany
Erfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the rules are rather complete in the abstract, but maybe a organised in a weird way.

You have 8 dice (4 white animal dice and 4 black number dice). The faces of the animal dice show the six different animals. 2 of the black dice show 2-3-4-5-5-Wurst while the other 2 show 2-3-4-5-Wurst-Wurst. Besides that you have a marker for each of the six animals which you place face-up in front of you at the start of the game.

On your turn you do the following:

1. Roll all 8 dice
2. Put aside at least one die (but you can put aside any number you like)
3. Roll the remaining dice
4. Put aside at least one die (as above)
5. Roll the remaining dice
You repeat this until you've put aside all 8 dice (dice put aside may not be rerolled).

Then you score one of the animals, that is you choose one of your face-up animal markers and score the number of animals of that type on your white dice times the lowest number on your black dice. If you have put aside 1 to 3 "Wurst" during your turn, the lowest number on your black dice is considered to be 1. If all 4 of your black dice are "Wurst" the multiplicator is 7.
After scoring an animal you turn its marker face-down and cannot score it again for the remainder of the game.
After six rounds (that is after you have scored all six animals) the player with the highest cumulative score wins.

Scoring example: You've rolled Weasel-Weasel-Worm-Wasp on your white and 3-4-5-5 on your black dice. You decide to score your Weasel and get 2*3=6 points and turn your Weasel marker face-down.

Regarding the meaningful decisions, there is not many of them in Würfelwurst. On your turn you try to get a rather high multiplicator on your black dice. The main decision is whether to gamble for a 4-Wurst-sweep or not to get an animal scored with a multiplicator of 7. I'd compare the amount of meaningful decisions in it to Zombie Dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the replies. For me it sounds a bit more involved than zombiedice, which is a good thing.

What happens if you roll only animals that you already scored (for example 4 weasels and 4 wurst but you already scored the weasels)?

Also, why are there 2 kinds of black dice? It is a misprint? The rules here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/835579/english-rules
seem to suggest that they should all have 2 wurst.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Alkemper
Germany
Erfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding your first question, you score an unscored animal for 0 points.

The two different kinds of black dice (which are indeed not mentioned in the rules) give the game a little more tactical depth in my opinion. Rolling a Wurst on your two Single-Wurst-Dice the chances of going All-Wurst are increased, and rolling a high number on your Double-Wurst-Dice you are usually more likely to go for numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah it seems reasonable although maybe they should have given them a different color (or is it easy to find in practice which of the dice it is that rolled a wurst for example - I guess it depends on if they are placed opposite of each other).

Does anyone know if it is intended that the black dice differ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.