15 Posts

Valor & Victory» Forums » General

Subject: Is V&V free? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Gavran
msg tools
mb
I've found V&V when I was searching for P&P wargames. I looked through the files and a question occured to me: is V&V free? I haven't managed to find files needed for the game, but that might be due to my lack of knowledge what is it that I need to download. Could you please answer me if the game is free? If it is, could you give me a list of links for the basic game components? Thank you in advance.

PS: I wouldn't ask for it if I could find the components myself, but I got lost in the dense forest of PDFs and word documents, tragically unable to differ the ones needed for the game from the scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
Not sure, but this seems like a relevant post:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/643717/vv-announcement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to be. Now it is only available via print and play productions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Gavran
msg tools
mb
abodi wrote:

That is a big pity. could someone supply me with a link to a free P&P on a similar scale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Radar4077 wrote:
abodi wrote:

That is a big pity. could someone supply me with a link to a free P&P on a similar scale?

If you are interested in playing a simple and free naval World War II game try out mine: Across Four Oceans.

A shameless plug, but also a harmless one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Radar4077 wrote:
abodi wrote:

It is indeed a pity. Pretty much a death knell for the game in my opinion. There certainly should be an option to purchase the files for pnp if Barry wants to go commercial in such a limited manner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
abodi wrote:
Radar4077 wrote:
abodi wrote:

It is indeed a pity. Pretty much a death knell for the game in my opinion. There certainly should be an option to purchase the files for pnp if Barry wants to go commercial in such a limited manner.

Yes, I certainly agree to that. I like buying PnP downloads and have spent a fortune over the years on them.

I won't, however, be buying a PnP game which has been crafted by someone else full well knowing I would have done it differently.

(also there is the customs thing when buying from the US straight away, although if P&P Productions was in Europe I would have felt the same way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nason
United States
Waterville
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
Radar4077 wrote:
abodi wrote:

I agree. While I do have all the original files, I was hoping it would have stayed PnP and just got more expansions. I have no problem paying for PnP files. I understand the author wanting something for his fine efforts. Just make the PnP available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
abodi wrote:
Weird.
This game has gone from free, to the website being taken down, to the website being put back up & free again (not long ago,) to now the website directing to Print & Play Productions & not free. At one point Barry was teasing the "new" V&V under the name "D Plus 1," but I don't see anything about that on the V&V site anymore.

???

With the kicker being the image for the game here on BGG still reads: "FREE World War II squad-level wargaming for the masses!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The story is a little tangled, but the designer had pretty good reasons for each step. Definitely exercised his copyrights. I'm just glad it's available again.

Someone should update the BGG info, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Gavran
msg tools
mb
andreww wrote:

The story is a little tangled, but the designer had pretty good reasons for each step. Definitely exercised his copyrights. I'm just glad it's available again.

Someone should update the BGG info, though.

Could you please explain the "just glad it's available again"? Is it free in the end or is it not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it is not free currently. The only way you can get it is through the Print&Play Productions here on Geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'll throw in that it's damn good and solos beautifully.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Gavran
msg tools
mb
Joeyeti wrote:
No, it is not free currently. The only way you can get it is through the Print&Play Productions here on Geek.

Well, that's a pity. Thank you for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, I'm not sure what's going on with Barry. I just sent him an email and it looks like his website is down. I've gotten several requests for people who just want to buy the files as well, and I really want to give this game the deluxe treatment, but I can't go ahead without Barry.

So in the meantime, I can't give out the files, but I can still print what I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.