Subject: german version 2nd edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi to all i want to buy the game but its the german version 2nd edition.does anyone know if the game inside has player aids in english??
the names of the cards are in german??
i know that the game has no text
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every card's name is trilingual: French (larger), German and English. Like this:

There are player aids in all three languages in the box, too.

...unless they changed something from the first printing...

Keep in mind that the expansion only comes with one language, not all three. So you'll have to be more careful there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
my version of troyes is also the "german" version.

Actually there is no real "german" version, it is multi-lingual. It includes english, french and german rules. And all card have also the three languages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.milan-spiele.de/troyes-auflage-promokartenset-p-1... if this help ...this is the copy i want to buy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
http://www.milan-spiele.de/troyes-auflage-promokartenset-p-1... if this help ...this is the copy i want to buy!

It does say "Spielanleitung in: D, E", so there are English rules in there. Looks to me that they didn't change anything from the first printing.

I'd be very surprised if they would anyway. Why should they overhaul everything for no reason?

Edited to add: I just had a look at the Pearl Games page for Troyes, and they still have shots of cards in three languages. Yep, still trilingual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tinwë
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Donkeys!! ^^
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unfortunately not that simple. I recently bought Troyes, and I didn't think about the cards too much, having always seen them trilingual.

It turns out I have now the french edition of the game - that is not even listed among the versions of the game here in BGG - and the cards are not multilingual, they have their french title only. If I had looked more closely at the back of the box when I bought it I would have noticed it... It is not a big issue since the game is effectively language independent, but I would have preferred to have the multilingual cards.

I wonder now if I should be careful when I get the expansion, and if I should make sure I buy the french edition of ladie's too. I hope the card backs are the same in all editions and it would not be an issue to mix cards of different language editions!

Edit: I don't know about the German edition though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pearl Games answer to me and they said that its only in german.......to bad cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great that you asked, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.